Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member in North Lincs

A

andybee33

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi everyone,

Just a quickie to introduce myself. I'm Andy, I live in Redbourne in North Lincs and I've just purchased my very first VW camper.

It's a new 6.1 Coast 150 in Bay Leaf Green. In terms of selection rationale, I chose a Coast as it hits the right cost/benefit spot for me personally. I'm a bit of a luddite/technophobe and normally just imagine that motorised things are 'something else to pack in at some point', so felt I could live without the powered door and roof on the Ocean. I appreciate that many others will see benefit in the additional features on an Ocean but my personal preference was to save the extra cost for camping trips and maybe beer!

I'm really pleased with it - such a lot of thoughtful design features and very nice build quality. So far I've fitted some Inka 'Second Skin' seat covers as the standard upholstery didn't look the most practical and I've added some Brandrup carpets in the boot, underseat drawer and habitation space. Standard rubber VW mats in the front, including the centre piece. I've got a Duvalay 5cm topper on order along with upper and lower fitted sheets and a protector for the upper mattress. Gas bottle, hookup cable, water filler tube, bellows bungee and spare wheel lock also sorted. Any other 'absolute essential's I'm missing?

In terms of spec, it's pretty basic - just a factory towbar, rear view camera and 80 litre fuel tank.

Really looking forward to some adventures and to hopefully meeting some of you!

Kind regards,

Andy