New Member from Reading, UK

• Thread starter Wantacamper_wifedoesnt
  • Start date
W

Wantacamper_wifedoesnt

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi, many thanks for letting me join this group. Allow me to introduce myself. I live in Reading, married for 11 years with 2 children aged 9 and 5 and soon to be joined with a new puppy. We LOVE camping and try to go away as much as possible, we have friends with a Cali and i've looked on enviously for many years. My wife has always been against it, we splashed out on a new tent last year so she feels this is frivolous and unnecessary :), thankfully she has mellowed a little (or just stopped listening to me). As this will be a replacement for my car and my lease expires in Oct 2022, i've kick-started the process and will be visiting my local dealership today to discuss getting a Beach, the long lead times are not a deal breaker as happy to wait until the end of the year. I have been excitedly speccing up the new motor and have taken on board lots of amazing advice from this group, so thank you very much. I'll keep you posted on developments and will undoubtedly have many many questions.

Hi, many thanks for letting me join this group. Allow me to introduce myself. I live in Reading, married for 11 years with 2 children aged 9 and 5 and soon to be joined with a new puppy. We LOVE camping and try to go away as much as possible, we have friends with a Cali and i've looked on enviously for many years. My wife has always been against it, we splashed out on a new tent last year so she feels this is frivolous and unnecessary :), thankfully she has mellowed a little (or just stopped listening to me). As this will be a replacement for my car and my lease expires in Oct 2022, i've kick-started the process and will be visiting my local dealership today to discuss getting a Beach, the long lead times are not a deal breaker as happy to wait until the end of the year. I have been excitedly speccing up the new motor and have taken on board lots of amazing advice from this group, so thank you very much. I'll keep you posted on developments and will undoubtedly have many many questions.
Welcome to the group hope your wait isn’t too long.

Welcome neighbour. :thumb I like the name ;) Hire one and ease her into it.

thanks mate :) I may try that option.

Welcome - happy to show you our Ocean, we're in Woodley.

Welcome - happy to show you our Ocean, we're in Woodley.
Hey bud. That is very kind of you and I may take you up on that. I'm hoping to get a test drive this weekend. Slightly overwhelmed though with all the options, reading through lots of posts. Cheers

Welcome!

With 2 young kids, you’ll love it, you won’t regret it and get it on order ASAP!

:welcomeWAC and Fam

Frivolous and Unnecessary!

how very dare she,

Ask the kids, they have always have the casting vote

if it’s a split decision the puppy will decide :rolleyes:

in all seriousness go to the dealer, test drive, get your ideal spec costed, compare via DTD etc.
Go see any existing owners vans etc (as above)

Get your order In. (Tweak the spec if require, before a build date is set in stone)

you only live once :thumb

:welcomeWAC and Fam

Frivolous and Unnecessary!

how very dare she,

Ask the kids, they have always have the casting vote

if it’s a split decision the puppy will decide :rolleyes:

in all seriousness go to the dealer, test drive, get your ideal spec costed, compare via DTD etc.
Go see any existing owners vans etc (as above)

Get your order In. (Tweak the spec if require, before a build date is set in stone)

you only live once :thumb
Thanks mate, really good advice. The kids are my secret weapon, I'll use them to close the deal.