Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New member from Cornwall

B

bluedogcampervan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi all, been lurking for a while while we wait for our new Cali. We’ve ordered a Coast in Starlight Blue with a few user friendly options. The dealer confirmed it’s being built at present and we should have the van towards the end of February.
We’ve had various iterations of the Transporter camper, from a T4 to an Indium Grey T6 conversion most recently. We also previously had a Mercedes Marco Polo, which made us realise that we would love another factory conversion - everything just works that little bit better!
The Marco Polo had a very special place in our hearts, as we sold our cafe businesses and went travelling in it for a year. We covered some 20,000 miles in 12 European countries with our then 2 year old daughter. Now that the kids are at school it will be some years before we do this again, but it’s definitely on the cards when they flee the nest...
Our new Cali will be dual purpose - our transport to the beach and camping trips for our family when possible, but also part of our small rental fleet. We run a camper hire company with a few vehicles ranging from a Citroen Berlingo micro camper, to a Mazda Bongo, as well as the aforementioned T6 conversion, and now soon the California. I won’t say too much else about this as I don’t want it to appear that we’re canvassing....when we have the van we intend to register on the ‘for hire’ section on this site, and we believe we’ll be the only company renting a T6.1 Cali in Cornwall.
First and foremost though the California will be our van, and we’re over the moon to hopefully have it soon. Just before my 40th birthday as it happens, so a nice early present from me to me.
Would love to hear about other T6.1 Coast owners’ experience and contribute to the forum more myself in time, once ours lands with us.
We’ve ordered Inka seat covers, are there any ‘must haves’?
Take care everyone, Ben

Hope you get your promised delivery date Ben. Can I ask when you ordered?

Hi, reading through some other members’ experience things have been pretty quick for us so far and we seem to have avoided the worst that Brexit and Covid could have thrown our way. We ordered at the start of November and in the middle of December we were told we had an unconfirmed build slot of week 3. I chased the dealer yesterday and was told that it had been confirmed and is indeed in build now with an anticipated February delivery date. If this happens I’ll ask the dealer if I can collect after the beginning of March with a 21 plate. We’ll see how things pan out though! I’ll keep the forum updated.

Hi, reading through some other members’ experience things have been pretty quick for us so far and we seem to have avoided the worst that Brexit and Covid could have thrown our way. We ordered at the start of November and in the middle of December we were told we had an unconfirmed build slot of week 3. I chased the dealer yesterday and was told that it had been confirmed and is indeed in build now with an anticipated February delivery date. If this happens I’ll ask the dealer if I can collect after the beginning of March with a 21 plate. We’ll see how things pan out though! I’ll keep the forum updated.
Nice. Good luck. Post some pics once you have it.

Hi, we've ordered a Starlight Blue Coast at the end of September and it's been in build since 14 Dec but has been delayed for some reason. Like you I'm hoping for a 21 plate too, preferably this side of the year rather than the next! Reading about all the delays is worrying me a bit though.
Anyway sounds like you'll have yours soon enough, welcome to the Group :)

Have the Campers materialised

Have the Campers materialised
Ours certainly did. We since took delivery of a Beach Camper after this which took 9 months from order to collection, and we have an Ascot Grey Coast on order which has build week of week 9 this year. By the time we get this one it will be about 11 months from order to collection. We had been ready to order two more Coasts at the start of December before VW pulled the plug on the Coast in the UK. This is a real shame for us, as in terms of economics the Coast works a lot better for us as a hire vehicle than the Ocean.

The loss of Coasts is so sad and so crazy. We are so pleased with ours. My only regret is we couldn't get a four wheel drive version in the UK.