Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Intro ... Better late than never...

R

Rich Purdy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, thank you to all those that helped with my first post (Not even received and repair required!), we are now in proud possession of our Cali Beach 150 and have been busy in the New Forest and recently returned from a short trip to Devon. We've had the van for approximately 2 months now, our trips always seem to coincide with the rain - posing difficulties with the kids and dog - but we're not put off! The wife and I are considering a short trip to the Lakes in a couple of weeks when we happen to have some 'kid free' time.

T6 Cali Beach 150.jpg

Buying the van new (but from the showroom) in addition to the roof repair (earlier post) the dealer also agreed to replace the Driver side B Pillar (a number of scrapes from seat turning), this was done at a local VW Van Centre - but on pick-up was told it was replaced for a T6 trim as there isn't a California specific replacement part? Not convinced I've got back in touch with our original dealer, the difference appears to be the trim now fitted is not the smooth finish to the remainder of the Cali lower trims, and had to be cut to accommodate the Cali specifics (alarm disable switch / blind recess). Does any one have any specific experience or advice?

Only other snag I've noticed is that both (driver and passenger) door California lights have become marked - reported to dealer, and I notice the forums have covered this before.

It's easy to worry (and sometimes fester) on the negatives, but this is the start of an excellent way to capture our family adventures and memories and want to end with the positives. Our experience on the whole with our VW Dealer (Poole) was really positive, extremely helpful, advice, no pressure, attentive (just what you want when making such a step). We have already had some awesome early family adventures, and despite the rain and lack of sleep (due to 5 & 2 year old excitement), we are looking forward to really pushing ourselves as we add to our equipment (bike rack / maybe drive-away awning now too) - took us some years before the final leap but pleased we did!

Final note:
We've just picked up some great covers from Jackyards - starting our personalisation, will post pics as soon as I've had a chance to fit!

Great review on fresh ownership.
It's all very fragile stuff and marks and scratches are there becose you use it , enjoy !