Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New GHIC for UK state pensioners

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
i just saw this one which will catch a few people out too.

At the beginning of 2020 we were advised to put Customs dec forms on all the parcels that we sent within the EU..Mainly because nobody had any idea what was going on. I just warned customers about the ongoing situation, never had any problems..All countries have different rates in which customs duty and tax is paid and some are very strict like Norway (non EEC).

Velma's Dad

Velma's Dad

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Oh well that’s about as clear as mud..The other thing that bothers me is that you won’t be allowed to take any meat or milk based products into the EU. Normally we stock or fridge with lots of goods that we can’t buy in France or Spain. How many brits are going to be caught out with that one.
Does that include Marmite? If not, not too bothered.

R

Richard H

I read that page very differently. Does it not say that existing EHICs remain valid (except for Norway etc) and that GHIC will be issued to new applicants? The difference for pensioners seems to be that they can still apply for EHIC?
That's how I read it to.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Not that we can travel abroad any time soon, but our new UK GHIC cards arrived today. Very snazzy with Union Flag graphics and hologram.

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Not that we can travel abroad any time soon, but our new UK GHIC cards arrived today. Very snazzy with Union Flag graphics and hologram.

Yep. Got mine a couple of weeks ago as expired in October. I must admit I had a laugh with the Union Jack. Like you said very snazzy.

Mike

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Yep. Got mine a couple of weeks ago as expired in October. I must admit I had a laugh with the Union Jack. Like you said very snazzy.

Mike
Had to renew my Drivers License as well as i’m approaching 70 - another Union Jack. Just the passport now for the hat-trick. :)

Joker 1299

Joker 1299

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Had to renew my Drivers License as well as i’m approaching 70 - another Union Jack. Just the passport now for the hat-trick. :)
Yeah, and just think - it will all change again if Scotland vote for England’s independence ;)

VW California Club