Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali!

Dave_T

Dave_T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi everyone.

We've taken the plunge and bought a new silver 140PS California. Hopefully we're going to get out on the first trip this weekend, so we're looking forward to that.

Our first experiences have been good. I'm a keen kitesurfer, so we've turned up at the usual spot, and all the other kiters have been over for a nose around. It certainly seems to attract attention!

The only slight problem I've found is that the waste water level meter doesn't seem to work, and always seems to show as empty. I suspect that'll need to go back to the garage to get checked out. Is there anything I can do to check this?

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave. Welcome along your right the Cali certainly attracts attention you better get used to that
As for the waste water gauge I think from reading on here they are more for show than accuracy
Mine never goes up above 1 bar :rofl a few people on here have had them replaced I'm not sure how successful it was. If it does work I might get mine changed before the warranty runs out
Again welcome and enjoy :thumb

My Cali is in for warranty work for this problem as we speak. I will update on the outcome.

Just had both gauges replaced (fresh and waste water) under warranty. Appears to be a fairly common problem.

I'll get it replaced under warranty.

Thanks everyone.

the waste water shows nothing until full, if you take the sensor out you will see why - there's no graduated sensor, just all or nothing. You can test it by unscrewing it from the tank under the sink and manually pushing the sensor.

The clean water tank is a whole different set up with a plunger sensor which is why it can show graduations. I reckon a waste one set up in the same way would just get blocked my manky grey water after a while.

Seb

Excellent post seb. That's why mine never moves I put very little waste water down mine
And what does gets emptied when I get home. That make a lot of sense :thumb :thumb

Ah-ha....

I did wonder if that might be the case actually, but I looked in the manual, and it showed a picture of the waste water sensor, which looked like it had a graduated sensor.

If it's just got a full/not full one, that would make sense!

Thanks again everyone!
Dave

Hello to you all!

My wife and I have a bright red Cali 180 on order (since the beginning of June) from the VW dealers in Poole (Breeze). We've had a post card from the dealers giving us an update on the progress of our order. Apparently our new toy is "Confirmed Build Week 28 (week commencing 9/7/12) - status 20". This is all very exciting but I presume that the delivery is still a long way off.

Can anyone give us any idea of how long it is likely to be before we get to own the vehicle?

From what I've seen over the past few weeks, since joining the group, this club website seems to be very active and supportive. I look forward to being an active member myself.

We live in Branksome, Poole, and there is a Silver Berghaus Cali parked in the road just up from us. If the owner is reading, please can we have a look around your Cali?!!!

Best wishes to all

Jonathan and Anne

Firstly well done on ordering your Cali and I do love a red after my grey one :)

I'm not the best one to answer your built time question ,but it seems by the time your built Comes around its a matter of a few weeks to dealer ( someone will correct me on this I'm sure ) lol lol :)

Another bright red one! Yay - I thought we were the only one! Welcome aboard. We are up the road in Salisbury. Often in Poole/Bournemouth area.

jhgf said:
Hello to you all!

My wife and I have a bright red Cali 180 on order (since the beginning of June) from the VW dealers in Poole (Breeze). We've had a post card from the dealers giving us an update on the progress of our order. Apparently our new toy is "Confirmed Build Week 28 (week commencing 9/7/12) - status 20". This is all very exciting but I presume that the delivery is still a long way off.

Can anyone give us any idea of how long it is likely to be before we get to own the vehicle?

My timeline was :
- Ordered 22 October last year
- Advised being built 17 November
- Advised build complete 3 December
- Advised at docks (in Germany not UK) in the week before Xmas
- At dealers (Leicester) 7 January

So 7 weeks from start of build, it was at the dealers in the UK, and Xmas & New Year were in that period ... so it could be with you pretty soon!

Steve

From build to delivery to the dealers could be 3 or so weeks.

They tend to ship them to the docks at Emden and then over to Grimsby or Sheerness.

Many thanks

I will let you now when out Cali arrives

Jonathan