Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Deposit Down

C

Calijohn

VIP Member
Hi all

Today has been a great day. We have paid a deposit on our new (and first) California.

It's a 180DSG 4motion in black with alcantara\leather, silver awning, dab radio, diff lock(?) and other extras that we're busy researching!!

Opted for a display model from the showroom so shouldn't have to wait too long, maybe 4 weeks.......

Look forward to sharing our first experiences of it with you soon and making good use of a really informative forum in the meantime.

James, Nicola, O & H.

Hi there and welcome along. Which dealer are you buying from :?: sounds like a great van
I wish my van had leather :thumb

Hi

Southern Motor Group in Tonbridge, Kent.

Really good sales guy Paul. He didn't need to do much selling to be honest (as this has been two years in the planning for us!!) but was extremely helpful and it was clear he had spent some time with one on various trips. His honest precis of some of the things to look out for in ownership was also welcome.

Thanks

Congratulation !! you buying Great 4Motion Machine. Is that Blue-motion and come with Differential Lock?

Thanks
JK

Mine came from Smg tonbridge when Julie was there ...its a shame she isn't there anymore as I would recommend her .... Lol

Exactly what I'd replace ours with if I could. I'd go for the black awning, though. Just a bit less obvious as a campervan for discrete camping with the roof down. Enjoy! :)

jeetu2k said:
Congratulation !! you buying Great 4Motion Machine. Is that Blue-motion and come with Differential Lock?

Thanks
JK

Hi JK

Thanks and have done some more reading since my first post. The Diff lock is marked as an option that you can get on the 4motion and I know what it does now thanks to this forum!

Thanks

RobdeBear said:
Exactly what I'd replace ours with if I could. I'd go for the black awning, though. Just a bit less obvious as a campervan for discrete camping with the roof down. Enjoy! :)

Hi there

Thanks.

Strange your comment, as that was exactly the same and first thing we both said on the drive back from the showroom!! We would have loved the black Dakar wheels but we don't want to run before we can walk..!

A week into the count down, it's going to feel like a long wait.

cheers for now.

JOHN

If you go for winter tyres later on, a black powder-coated set of s/h VW steels is not only cost effective, but you get to join the A-Team :)

RobdeBear said:
If you go for winter tyres later on, a black powder-coated set of s/h VW steels is not only cost effective, but you get to join the A-Team :)
Ha ha! Thanks for the advice, we've a lot to discover.

Back