Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali owner looking for awning recommendation.

About two awnings are advertised in this forum everyday. That suggests that they are not quite as useful as one would hope.

Certainly for us two I can’t see a single reason to invest in one. Different if there are four people I guess.

About two awnings are advertised in this forum everyday. That suggests that they are not quite as useful as one would hope.

Certainly for us two I can’t see a single reason to invest in one. Different if there are four people I guess
For us the awning provides more living space in the unpredictable UK weather. They are a faff putting them up and taking them down, but definitely more pros than cons if we are staying somewhere for at least a couple nights

Hi there, new to the group just purchased a 2014 California Se and absolutely love it. Any recommendations for a drive away awning which can be slept in please?
A drive away awning that can be slept in...they are called tents. Thousands of them. But seriously I had one that came with my van when I bought it. Put it up once. Hated it and sold it. Think seriously. As said some are for sale as not even used. If there's 2 of you or less honestly don't bother. If you have kids and like summer camping just buy a tent

So we've got the Movelite T3E and have found it v useful, especially when more than 2 of you. Maybe we're still taking too much junk with us on our trips :) but having somewhere to empty the van of clothes, etc has been great. We also use the open front porch with the table from the van door as a cooking platform for things like bacon, sausages, fish.....in fact anything you'd rather your Cali doesn't smell of....and use the inside gas rings for veg etc. So far, we're v impressed with this inflatable awning and anything more than a w/e, we'd definitely use it.

For use in the UK this forum is quite good for buying and selling. Next I’d look at Gumtree, eBay, and Facebook Marketplace (not so keen on this - fraud attempts seem too common).
Thanks!