Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Beach Owner - Nearly

F

Funnings79

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hey all.
A 10 minute chat with the family at the end of our street who have a Cali managed to achieve what I couldn’t in 5 years and convince my wife to take the plunge.
2 days later, finance approved and we’re picking up our brand new 2020 beach next week.
Holding us back was having 3 kids but seeing other families do it gave us the confidence. Definitely not done on a whim
Based on the South Coast near the New Forest and the in-laws live in Torbay means we have lots of choice on where to go.
Any recommendations of places to go?
Any recommendations of accessories to get?
Most importantly, any ideas for a name for him/her?
Nice to meet you all. Chris.

Similar situation here. 3 young kids and we pick up a beach next week. Pre reg 2019 vehicle. I didn’t think they were making them in 2020? I Would have specced a 6.1 if it was possible.

I assume it’s a 2019 Beach registered in Feb 2020. 53 miles on the clock. I keep on swooning over the video they sent me.
We haven’t even driven it yet!!

Welcome. You will be the envy of many with a brand new Beach. It’ll take a long time to stop smiling smugly behind the wheel I bet.

I assume it’s a 2019 Beach registered in Feb 2020. 53 miles on the clock. I keep on swooning over the video they sent me.
We haven’t even driven it yet!!
Same. We get ours on Saturday. I checked Birmingham, Leicester , Poole and when I did the deal earlier in the week there were only 3 or 4 pre regs left. I took one. Looks like you have another . Which colour did you get?

Same. We get ours on Saturday. I checked Birmingham, Leicester , Poole and when I did the deal earlier in the week there were only 3 or 4 pre regs left. I took one. Looks like you have another . Which colour did you get?
I luckily got the last beach in Southampton!
Just trying to negotiate parking sensors to be installed. Starlight blue, I like it, the other half wanted red. Thinking about the 1st trip and where is should be.
At Highclife today. Would have loved to have had it already.

Hey all.
A 10 minute chat with the family at the end of our street who have a Cali managed to achieve what I couldn’t in 5 years and convince my wife to take the plunge.
2 days later, finance approved and we’re picking up our brand new 2020 beach next week.
Holding us back was having 3 kids but seeing other families do it gave us the confidence. Definitely not done on a whim
Based on the South Coast near the New Forest and the in-laws live in Torbay means we have lots of choice on where to go.

Welcome! And well done! Judging by the amount of new buyers on here, the Beach does seem to be popular at the moment.

Having 3 kids myself, the one place I would recommend you going too in the future would be Puy du Fou in France.. Amazing place. My kids absolutely loved it and it’s a family day out(s) you will never ever forget.

Welcome! Ours is called Bubble.Similar story here, earlier than planned plunge taken last week on a beach...the general advice was to wait to avoid wasting money on things you'll never use, but ignored this and have bought thousands of pounds worth of accessories, pottis, wifi, boxes, hangers, tents, bedding items before it arrives. Hope my Cali arrives soon...will do a Beach accessories post based on years of research and zero practical ownership experience

I have been reined in on the accessories for now.
We neeeeeeed a toilet and possibly a fridge. But anything will have to wait

Own a Waeco CFX35 ( now Dometic) from my old Land Rover days, I can highly recommend it. Low power draw, still going great guns despite years of abuse. Strong design, good size, holds plenty, good seat too. Currently used as extra freezer space at home for ice cream bribes. I paid £400 a few years ago on eBay as a "package has been opened but never used" Expensive but my experience is that you will get what you pay for. Had an Engel when we lived in Australia, also terrific.

I have bought a Thetford 565E potti and a carry case, my thoughts were that our 5 year old who wees often can press a button rather than pump ( it's electric). Many people buy the other Thetfords as they fit in Ocean cupboards, as we are Beach Boys we don't have this issue. Our potti will live in storage bag and then be put into our Eagle Peak pop up tent when we stop. Struggling to find 12 volt or battery powered hanging chandelier for inside but hey ho not a big issue.

Will start my "all the gear and no idea" Beach accessory thread when we start using the 53 accessories due to be delivered in the next two weeks.

Own a Waeco CFX35 ( now Dometic) from my old Land Rover days, I can highly recommend it. Low power draw, still going great guns despite years of abuse. Strong design, good size, holds plenty, good seat too. Currently used as extra freezer space at home for ice cream bribes. I paid £400 a few years ago on eBay as a "package has been opened but never used" Expensive but my experience is that you will get what you pay for. Had an Engel when we lived in Australia, also terrific.

I have bought a Thetford 565E potti and a carry case, my thoughts were that our 5 year old who wees often can press a button rather than pump ( it's electric). Many people buy the other Thetfords as they fit in Ocean cupboards, as we are Beach Boys we don't have this issue. Our potti will live in storage bag and then be put into our Eagle Peak pop up tent when we stop. Struggling to find 12 volt or battery powered hanging chandelier for inside but hey ho not a big issue.

Will start my "all the gear and no idea" Beach accessory thread when we start using the 53 accessories due to be delivered in the next two weeks.
I cannot wait for these reviews. It will serve as my sales pitch!!

I've just got my 2019 Beach as well. Seem popular at the moment. Acapulco blue. Looking forward to your accessory reviews!
Enjoy the ride, I intend to!

I've just got my 2019 Beach as well. Seem popular at the moment. Acapulco blue. Looking forward to your accessory reviews!
Enjoy the ride, I intend to!
I've recently posted a CFX fridge specification sheet.

I've recently posted a CFX fridge specification sheet.

Might plumb in a constant leisure battery 12v feed under floor for fridge to avoid wobbly lighter plug in

Might plumb in a constant leisure battery 12v feed under floor for fridge to avoid wobbly lighter plug in

Yes - a very good idea and something I have done. I have run 12v power with Anderson connectors from the leisure battery to the awning for external use with the option to plug our fridge in behind the front passenger seat, in the boot and externally under the awning canopy or in a drive away awning.

Yes - a very good idea and something I have done. I have run 12v power with Anderson connectors from the leisure battery to the awning for external use with the option to plug our fridge in behind the front passenger seat, in the boot and externally under the awning canopy or in a drive away awning.
Had to google Anderson - now I know what that fridge lead plug is, thank you, now I dont need to cut up my fag lighter lead

Had to google Anderson - now I know what that fridge lead plug is, thank you, now I dont need to cut up my fag lighter lead

IMG_2204.JPG
The ring to Anderson lead (protected by a 50 amp fuse) and the original fridge lead. The bag contains an Anderson connector and silver plated terminals.

IMG_2205.JPG
Cigar lighter plug cut off the fridge lead and an Anderson connector attached. The fridge lead should be protected by an appropriate fuse, mine is not.

IMG_2207.JPG
To make life easier for me, I have two way Anderson splitters, one with an appropriate fuse for the fridge (7.5 amp I think). However, because the fridge lead is not fused it is possible to connect the fridge to the battery with only the 50 amp fuse.

Hey all.
On the all important question of a name, we've previously used the name of the salesman who was called Karl, as a result, our Autosleeper T 2.5 became known as "Karl the Camper"
As your Cali is Starlight Blue, you could be lucky if you're salesman is called Robert, it could called "Bobby Blue" or if it's Stanley, it could be Starlight Stan!

On the all important question of a name, we've previously used the name of the salesman who was called Karl, as a result, our Autosleeper T 2.5 became known as "Karl the Camper"
As your Cali is Starlight Blue, you could be lucky if you're salesman is called Robert, it could called "Bobby Blue" or if it's Stanley, it could be Starlight Stan!
We got John. Our son can’t say camper van properly, so it might be Bamper