Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

new build lead times .

My order was placed mid August and the dealer now has the van - 13 weeks ? I was told 16 - 18 weeks so pretty impressed - must have ordered in a quiet period.

I ordered on September 22nd and was given a predicted build date of week 3, with delivery in February for a March collection. However, my dealer has contacted me this afternoon to say that my California has now been built and is awaiting shipment to the UK! That's 9 weeks today and he expects her to arrive at the dealership within a month, so much sooner than expected. I still really want a March registration and collection though, so I am going to wait :crazy but will visit her as soon as she arrives at the dealership. It is exciting to know that my own Cali is now real and in existence - she has a November birthday! :bananadance

I wonder if anyone else who ordered around the same time will get an early build too??

Maud

Wow that was quick.

Hi Maud. We ordered about the same time as you...also built last week (well, that was the confirmed build week we were given at end of October). If so, it could be a very nice Christmas present....we won't wait for 15 plate.

Twodogs, have you heard if your Cali has arrived at your dealership yet? Mine arrived in Suffolk yesterday!! I really want to wait until March but it is so tempting to have her sooner. Restraint is needed now :? If I had realised that the build would be so much shorter than expected, I would have waited another month before ordering. Still, at least I know that she has arrived safely :D

Maud

Ours was a week 46 build and arrived at the dealer on Friday.christmas pressie to ourselves.

Hi Maud...not heard anything from my dealer since I got an email telling me the build date! Going to chase them today (although if it has arrived I have no clue when I'm going to have time to collect it!)

Back