Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

new build lead times .

B

bounty40

How long realistically is the build times ? This dealer say 16 weeks but reading some stuff its 6-7 month's ??

Ordered mine the middle of May. The dealer contacted me last week to say it was built and in transit, ahead of the scheduled 16 weeks. :D

VdubRich said:
Ordered mine the middle of May. The dealer contacted me last week to say it was built and in transit, ahead of the scheduled 16 weeks. :D

Lucky you! I ordered mine early May and the built won't be until the last week of August, with delivery by mid September. How's that possible?

You lucky guys.....

Ordered mine end of March (a beach with quite a lot of extras).

Until I started to get really miffed in early July I didn't even have a build week. Then heard there had been a problem with the model year change earlier in the year and 35 orders were affected by this including mine. Although VW insist my order was seen by the factory. I dont believe them needless to say. Anyway there must be more out there than just me if this is the case.

Then I was told that 5 weeks of the delay was due to there being a supply problem with parking sensors. Oh and because of this our build wouldn't be until after the factory 2 week summer break. I finally got a definite build week of 35 after spending most of July on the phone to various people a VW.

Week 35 is the week the factory gets back to work after the break, so I'm not too keen on mine being built that week....

I've been told that I can't expect delivery until week 40.

So my first year of retirement and a great summer has been spoiled by someone's incompetence at VW and can I find out who.... No....

I'd be very interested if my order is a record for this year - 27 weeks. Or are there more folks in the same boat?

Also for the earlier posters, were yours for SEs or Beaches?

Simon.

Ordered week 20 (SE 180 DSG 4Motion) from Birmingham Van Centre. Did not hear anything for quite a while but eventually got a build date of week 31. I received phone call last week to say it is built and in transit, by the sounds of it I have been lucky. Hope you get yours soon.

Thanks Rich.

I was wondering if maybe the 35 orders 'lost' in their systems were all Beaches. Would be really interesting to hear from anyone else that has ordered a Beach.

I even wonder if the parking sensor supply delay is real whether mine isn't already built and they'll be using the week after the shutdown to pull all the vehicles that are built but are missing bits out of the parking lot to retrofit the bits and then send the vans on their way.

Who knows!! And all I can do is sit and fume and speculate....

For some reason I can't put smilies in with this browser or it would be littered with angry ones.

Simon

Frustrating. Waiting is always the hardest part. This time next year it will be a distant memory and you'll be having a whale of a time!

Cheers mate. Feel a bit better now.

Can't wait for tomorrow morning and more shenanigans with VW.

Not sure why I keep hassling them, I know it won't make any difference. Only uposide is it does make me feel better to make them squirm...

:) Old fashioned still works.

Simon

Bramco: the one I'm waiting for is also a Beach (with 3-seat bench). Ordered May 6th it will be the 2015 spec (e.g. with tyre pressure check as a feature, not an option). No other exotic gadgets, except maybe the ParkPilot at the front. Ours will be for delivery in France but I can't see how that makes a difference. Current build is scheduled for week 31, so it may be one of those 'lost' ones.

I ordered a Skoda Yeti in 2011 and had to wait a full year for delivery. I was told it was because the VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat 2.0 TDI engine supply was the issue. As it was a car I wasn't too worried that it turned up at the end of April.

The frustrating thing about the Cali is you want before the nights close in as its not much fun using it for camping when its dark by 7pm.

Andy

Romke said:
(e.g. with tyre pressure check as a feature, not an option).

Sadly that's not VW being nice to you though, it's new EU legislation :mrgreen:

Romke,

Interesting that yours is a Beach as well. Did you order yours in the UK?

Also anyone else reading this thread - CHECK YOUR OPTIONS!!!!

I finally got a screen dump of the order and lo and behold there are 10 options on the build screen but there were 12 on the order screens I got back in May.........

To say I'm getting a little tired of all this is an understatement.

:headbang

Simon

PS I have started a new thread on the build vs order mismatch

The VW ordering software is a little outdated as it will only show 10 options on the final order screen. That is why my dealer gave me a copy of their own invoice screen which showed all 12 options, prices etc: as well as the VW order screen, but all 12 options are there, just only 10 shown as the options section isn't large enough. Mine is a SE ordered in April for delivery to me on 1st Dec, but the dealer should have it well before then to fit his bits.
Don't forget some items are dealer fit not VW.

Thanks welshgas

However the screens also have a box giving the number of options. In the order screen from May that box had 12 in it.

In the screens I received today the equivalent box said 10.

The dealer has to click on a next arrow button to get the next set of options up in the list box, so I'm pretty sure on the two screens I have copies of have the 10 options. 6 from the 1st screen and 4 on the next and each screen has 10 in the number of options box.

I will report back tomorrow but I'm pretty sure that not only was my order missed in the systems earlier in the year it's now wrong.

You get quite friendly with your dealer don't you even though VW keeps screwing up - I guess it's the fact you have to chase them constantly.....

Simon

When we ordered ours, it was just before Christmas and we received it at end of March.
It was close to 16 weeks. We were told very clearly that 16 weeks was a minimum delivery time and that the delivery could be longer. They were very clear to say that 16 weeks could not be guaranteed.
It strikes me that there is a larger backlog as many more people order their vehicle in early spring with a view to getting it for the summer. This is probably replicated around Europe. So VW don't have an even order book.
Any problems that may be encountered may add to extended delivery dates....
Hope you all get to enjoy your vehicles soon!

we ordered a fully loaded Beach in Switzerland end of Feb and were told there was a minimum 20 week build delay. We then didn't hear anything about build dates etc, but I know it was tested/registered 1st July but the garage didn't tell us until three weeks after that and we collected on 31st July, so we didn't have it for the holidays, but on reflection thats better because now we can run it in properly and get to know it before the next big trip. So no complaints and second hand ones (4motions) are very rare and ones with locking diff option and external hookup just don't exist.

BTW I am not complaining about garage as I emailed to tell them we were away which is why they didn't contact us until we returned from our holiday.

Hi,

Seems most people have had more warning than us. At one stage early on we were told it could even be delivered in June.

Anyway, back to the issues about options - today I heard that because ours was one of the 35 problem orders in the UK around the change in year model that the code for the parking heater wasn't a valid code for this year so had been simply dropped from our order.

Brand management in the UK are now frantically trying to get someone in Germany to change our spec but it is at stage 10 (whatever that means) and likely can't be changed......

Worst case scenario is back to the start on a new order.

Is there anyone at vw who can join up the dots here and just make sure that this fiasco doesn't get worse.

Simon

PS it's a good job I keep checking on things otherwise I'd have waited 27 weeks for a van that didn't meet the spec I had agreed.

Simon, why not look for a pre reg instead?

I don't know how many are kicking around now but when I bought my Cali it was a good way to do it. Mine had about 60 miles on it and was an in store demo.

The frustrating thing about the Cali is you want before the nights close in as its not much fun using it for camping when its dark by 7pm.

I think this largely depends who is in there with you, or failing that whether you have good wifi.

So our Cali finally arrived and we took delivery yesterday. :D

I've finally been able to update my signature....

Only 32 weeks from order to delivery and our planned trip to Italy in September kyboshed by VW.

I have to say though through it all the dealership in Leicester have been brilliant. The fault lay with VW UK and the inflexibility of manufacturing in Hannover which meant we had to reorder again in July.

Not only did Leicester provide a replacement but we were overwhelmed with goodies yesterday when we took delivery.

Anyway we're well chuffed. :D :D

PS for anyone looking for a 2 seat beach our original order was built and is now a demo van in Leicester. Same spec as below but crucially for us without the auxiliary heater.

Congratulations on finally getting your Cali. We ordered an Se a week ago and the dealer has said it is showing a build week of week 11 2015 so it could April by the time it is delivered and ready to pickup. Five months is a long time, he did say VW have a had a lot of Cali orders in the last few weeks due to the price rise. Hopefully that build week will come forward as they "usually" paint a worst case scenario. Enjoy your new Cali :thumb

We have been quoted 17 weeks today for delivery March 2015.
No dealer fitted options except Monster Matts.

I have ordered at the very end of October and was quoted an early March delivery. :D

Back