Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New 2017 price list

stephen watson

stephen watson

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Here's the new price list from VW site..

Attachments

• 2:6:17 Price list.pdf
    174.8 KB · Views: 399
over 4K more on the list base price than what we paid for our Cali that was collected last November. That's some serious inflation.

I'm buying at the moment and was concerned to find that I now have to pay extra for such luxuries as suspension, shock absorbers, power steering and, in the beach at least, windows!!! On the positive side there's now an option to spec a cupboard on the beach :)

A couple of dealers have confirmed this list will be withdrawn and replaced next week. I'm crossing everything that the base price doesn't go up any higher...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

over 4K more on the list base price than what we paid for our Cali that was collected last November. That's some serious inflation.
The pound has devalued by 10% against the Euro.

My Beach, ordered this time last year had a base price of £33815, now £36,070, 6.66% increase.

The value to VW of each sale in Euros is some 3% less than it was this time last year.

Just priced mine up and comes out at 9% more expensive than a year ago, plus there is the extra VED to add on that.

I suspect a fully loaded Cali will be approaching £70k soon

On the latest pricing there is now no basic Cali (Beach version) that gets under the £40,000 VED barrier.

Residuals on T5 models could remain quite high at this rate. £40k entry is eyewatering even with a reasonable discount.

I know this will be irrelevant to most UK owners, but I have just got my final quote from Serrramovil VW in Elche (Spain).
2018 model California Ocean 150CV 4 motion DSG (Candy white) including the following extras:
Mech Difflock - detachable towbar - all season tyres on steel wheels - extra usb ports - larger battery & fuel tank - awning with 3 windows in grey- homogolation for 5 seats - leather steering wheel with paddle gearbox - front mats - climacool window tinting - new owners package (warning triangle & jackets etc).
Total price OTR all taxes paid = 62k euros (exactly)

At 1.14 to the pound that is coming in at £54386

I managed to squeeze out some extra discount by trading 2 dealers against one another.
Model upgrade for 2018 include the small sliding windows on both sides, engine economy upgrade changes to interior lighting + some other bits & bobs.

2018 options in Spain are different to the UK

I hope to formalise the order before the end of the month. If the value of the pound collapses after the UK election I am out of the game for the time being.

Will this make mine worth more, now?

In the end , YES
People looking for a Cali and can't afford a new will search 2nd hand and if there are few on the market the prices will stay high also...

VW was caught with its knickers down over the emissions and forced to pay out many many €€££$$; who do you really think paid for their big oops, eh?

I'm buying at the moment and was concerned to find that I now have to pay extra for such luxuries as suspension, shock absorbers, power steering and, in the beach at least, windows!!! On the positive side there's now an option to spec a cupboard on the beach :)

A couple of dealers have confirmed this list will be withdrawn and replaced next week. I'm crossing everything that the base price doesn't go up any higher...

The design agency I own has created all VWCV UK literature and price lists for the last three years. The PDF you see is produced internally by the product marketing team. It will be replaced by a 'pretty' version of the same.

Wouldn't it be wise to wait until it is accurate as well as pretty before posting it on the VW website?!

Wouldn't it be wise to wait until it is accurate as well as pretty before posting it on the VW website?!
VWCV UK change the design/print agency every three years – our tenure has just come to an end. The new agency are probably not yet up to speed, hence the temporary file. The data from VWCV and the factory always needs significant checking and clarification!

You'd think they'd have someone checking it before posting.

Both the dealers I spoke to were pretty embarrassed. I was adamant that a 50k van should have an adjustable steering wheel as standard!

With one we did digress into an interesting discussion about the lack of standard windows and how a beach/kombi with a storage solution in place of the rear most windows would actually be cool.

Configurator still hasn't been updated although the base prices on the website do match the price list.

These things really are getting to bloody expensive though...