Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Moving the Beach bench without folding the backrest?

Romke

Making the Most of our Coast
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
The 3-seat-bench in the Beach seems to be the only one in the Cali range that you can't slide forward/backward without folding down the backrest first. What a pain! Has anyone found a hack to fix this?

I have seen someone on the t5 forum who moved a spring on the bench enabling it to be moved with the back up on either a caravelle or beach seat. You would have to go on there and search or put a post on. It can be done though. Cheers Dave

I have seen someone on the t5 forum who moved a spring on the bench enabling it to be moved with the back up on either a caravelle or beach seat. You would have to go on there and search or put a post on. It can be done though. Cheers Dave
Thanks Dave. Found it here: http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=207271
Will try but have to make sure it doesn't affect the sleeping position

The rope trick mentioned on the French forum works fine!

You can lift the seat, put a bottle to keep it open, and then pull a little piece of rope through the eye

There is a Spanish forum in which that topic was discussed (furgovw.org). Today administrators are performing maintenance tasks and the site is off but, once it get started up, I'll find the thread and translate the procedure.

We followed the trick on the T4 forum when we had our caravelle and it worked brilliantly. We bought our beach with the previous owder having already adjusted it. We find it a must have mod with 3 car seats fitted to the bench seat!

Hi, have a look to this Spanish thread.... I'll translate it later (now I'm flying) but, basically you have to release a spring and a cable (similar to the bycicle break one) and there you go.

In the thread you can see some pictures.

http://www.furgovw.org/index.php?topic=216207.0

no need to release the spring nor a cable, Estresao!! Leave everything as is, just add a little cord through the eye where the spring is attached, and pull that cord.

Thanks Waldo. Actually mine one is a two seats one, just shared this link because I recalled it and thought it could help here.

The two seats one ahs not this "problem".

Thanks for the tip, I'm excited to get to my car and make this mod - my life will be immeasurably improved!

We normally have 3 childrens seats fitted on the bench, and having to remove them all just to slide the bench is a pain :headbang

I need to check that out, the dealer when demoing my van on pickup last month moved it without putting it down not sure how he did it because I sure can't.

Back