Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

morning campers!

T

Tntoast

VIP Member
Good morning people,

great forum, lots of info and the usual VW welcolming feel.

Im a Caravelle owner, its getting a bit long in the tooth (220k miles) and still going strong, so for all you new to VW's once bitten there is NO ESCAPE.
i love the practicality of the Caravelle, we use the 7 seats a lot with outlaws and kids etc, so my ultimate will be a 7 seat beach. im looking around at the moment, looking at specs etc, will need to have the parking heater. ive speced the van and it comes out to say £42k.

ive been told that i could expect 8% discount, and noticed ex demos at -%12 percent discount.
the question is, has anyone negotiated any better discounts than that??.

another Q, its obviuos but ill ask anyway, whens the best time to negotiate hard, winter??

a friend is looking to buy a Cali, we may well pool our buying power to get a better discount, if anyone else fancies joining us im sure we can get a better deal collectivelly.

look forward to the replys

Hello and welcome to the funhouse!!

I don't know if there is a really good time to buy, perhaps in winter but then the available choices are limited as people don't sell so many thinking the summer is best.

As for price, sadly it's a lottery. It's all about finding the right dealer who needs to do a deal at the time you happen to darken his doors.

Not sure where you live but had you considered the Cali on the Farm event as a day visitor? There are rapid approaching 110 vans coming along as well as SMG who will be on hand with some special deals.

Finally to get an idea of what 'is' available use an online broker tool such as Drive the Deal to get a quote. This will then make a good talking point when you visit a dealer.

Hi tntoast

I think your 8-12% is definitely achievable, even more maybe. I got an ex-demo van recently and made a good percentage saving on list price with all extras included, around 20%.

I think you'll have more scope to haggle on used or ex-demo cans that are tieing up dealer cash than an order too, the only downside being you can't choose the spec.

Back