Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Miserable Cali Owners

spanner

spanner

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Outside of the club, there appears to be two breeds of Cali owner, there are the ones that when you go over and say Hi will welcome you with open arms, offer you a cuppa and talk about the Cali for an hour or so.

Then there are the ones I approach who look at me as if I have just been let out of Broadmoor on day release.

Does this happen to anyone else?

spanner said:
Then there are the ones I approach who look at me as if I have just been let out of Broadmoor on day release.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Perhaps if you stopped sharpening your axe for five minutes you may get a better reception :eek:

An hour or so?! When people have approached us(usually other Vw owners) I'm happy to have a chat, but if they were still there an hour later I'd be a bit hacked off. I am miserable though...

Your not Dressed like in your picture are you.... :eek:

Seriously,I'm the first to want to Cali chat,so know what you mean... :D

Are you the Alan who spoke to me a few weeks ago in Bakewell?

I parked outside the Co-op in a black Cali.

When you asked me my name and I said "cpjb@btinternet.com" several times, my kids always rib me, and say no dad he was asking for your real name, not your username. :crazy

Anyway, very nice to meet you if it's the same Alan.

Are you the Alan who spoke to me a few weeks ago in Bakewell?

I parked outside the Co-op in a black Cali.

When you asked me my name and I said "cpjb@btinternet.com" several times, my kids always rib me, and say no dad he was asking for your real name, not your username. :crazy

Anyway, very nice to meet you if it's the same Alan.

Hi cpjbtintrnet.com
Yes that was me, what a glorious day that was
Bakewell never fails to please does it ?

Regards to you and your family

Alan

Just a 5 o 10 minute chat would be nice...
I met a Cali family in a campsite in Venice once and they were not the least bit interested in even saying hello.. You'd think being outside the uk and all... Each to their own...

I'll say hello to anyone on a campsite/festival field especially if they have a Commer, and don't take this the wrong way but I don't think that just because you own the same vehicle you will have anything other than that in common? :?

I do not know much about Cali owners, but Cali not-owners approach me almost every week to show them the van and have a chat. (this week it was Philippino, Toyota Prius, taxi driver in Paris, apparently very curious about a vehicle even more weird then his)

I am always being approached when I am in my Cali!

I just wish I could sort out the wiring fault to the high level brake lamp that glows red all the time :sad

I've never 'met another Cali owner, tho' I do have people asking me about it----mainly men who don't own a motorhome but would like to. I'm usually checking my tyre pressures when they approach---non have offered to do the tyres for me--not that I'd let them.Oh yes, gave our local minister the guided tour of my Cali. He was doing a pastoral visit (lost my husband last year and it depresses me talking about it) so when he mentioned retiring and motorhomes it was a gift from above to try and add another to the ranks of Cali owners.

I meet lots of people who want to be California owners, but in 4 years have only spoken face to face with 3 owners. Pass a few though on the motorways.

Two on the Santander ferry; smiled at them, attempted conversation, they just ignored me.

Sadly expensive things sometimes attract the wrong sort of buyer.
Having said that, I've met plenty of like-minded owners full of enthusiasm and friendliness.

Chatted to a lovely Horsham couple in a six year old black Cali (which they had actually only owned for a few weeks) at West Wittering a couple of weeks ago. They'd had problems putting the roof down in blustery weather and were interested in the bungee cord fix. Told them about this Forum too.

It was great to meet new owners. Have had loads of interest in my van from passers by in supermarkets. Always happy to talk Calis.

Why anyone would be miserable when they own a Cali is beyond me.

West Wittering is fertile ground for meeting cali people :D

I have met three there on one visit, also sold the forum.