Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

Just got back from a trip to Brecon Beacons, proper Swamper country. I actually scraped my new front skid plate (which was oddly satisfying) on a (clearly seldom driven) backroad and that’s with the AT’s and lift kit giving me c.50mm more ground clearance than a standard Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did the front skid plate from 4x4 direct fit ok and the diff protection?

Right gents, and coffee aficionados, D-Day (C-Day?) is fast approaching and I’ve followed some crucial advice - Projekt Camper blinds, EcoFlow, RidgeMonkey, 50 Nord boxes etc.

What I’m lacking is a kettle. As Mrs V is a grumpy camper, I’m going to need a decent brew to prevent Armageddon this weekend.

What’s a half decent low wattage kettle for two cups of tea/coffee?

Right gents, and coffee aficionados, D-Day (C-Day?) is fast approaching and I’ve followed some crucial advice - Projekt Camper blinds, EcoFlow, RidgeMonkey, 50 Nord boxes etc.

What I’m lacking is a kettle. As Mrs V is a grumpy camper, I’m going to need a decent brew to prevent Armageddon this weekend.

You lost me when you combined good coffee with kettle.

Bodum Ibis 0.5L 720W. Works great with the EF Delta 2. Quick boil, oval shaped design so easy to stow in the cupboard or a box. Ideal size. Not too much not too little. Looks classy too.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07DCQQRTC/

Bialetti! I prefer the new one in stainless steel the Bialetti New Venus.

For kettle (not for coffee) I prefer a collapsing kettle as they fold away nicely. I have one from Outwell.

Ah, a stovetop man. Old school.

I’m slumming it with the Aeropress this weekend.

I also have a Nespresso for quick caffeine hits when required without the mess. But in winter when solar sucks and being off grid without EHU it’s stove time more often than not.

I also have a collapsible kettle (Sea to Summit) and a 1l camping kettle (MSR) with a small spout which whilst not offering goose neck pouring control it’s pretty decent for a pour over.

My home espresso machine has broken and is awaiting repair so my Leverpresso which normally lives in the van is doing home caffeine duty. I have reinstated the Bellman for milk based van coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also have a Nespresso for quick caffeine hits when required without the mess. But in winter when solar sucks and being off grid without EHU it’s stove time more often than not.

Van, fire, coffee - the holy trinity

I also have a collapsible kettle (Sea to Summit) and a 1l camping kettle (MSR) with a small spout which whilst not offering goose neck pouring control it’s pretty decent for a pour over.

My home espresso machine has broken and is awaiting repair so my Leverpresso which normally lives in the van is doing home caffeine duty. I have reinstated the Bellman for milk based van coffee.

I’ve been eyeing a Leverpresso for the wagon.

With a wild-eyed toddler on the loose, I’ll be lucky to get time to make a cup of builders. I’ll upgrade mobile coffee for solo trips in time.

What is max wattage I can get away with on EF?

I’ve been eyeing a Leverpresso for the wagon.

With a wild-eyed toddler on the loose, I’ll be lucky to get time to make a cup of builders. I’ll upgrade mobile coffee for solo trips in time.

What is max wattage I can get away with on EF?

Depends on the model, but if a Delta or Delta Max you have no concern with X-Boost. 1,800 watts easy and can boost higher for short periods.

Amen. For a nice smokeless campfire I love my Solo Stove Ranger. Kick back and get warm and make brats or smores if desired.

I like the look of those Solo stoves. I went for the Petromax Atago as it’s more compact and for me more versatile for Dutch oven cooking etc. Similar principle - double wall for a ‘smokeless’ efficient burn.

I like the look of those Solo stoves. I went for the Petromax Atago as it’s more compact and for me more versatile for Dutch oven cooking etc. Similar principle - double wall for a ‘smokeless’ efficient burn.

Interesting. How flat does it fold? It’s 42cm diameter cs the Solo Stove Ranger at 36. For me diameter is the issue. Not so much height. I keep it in my MFT Backbox with the wood.

Interesting. How flat does it fold? It’s 42cm diameter cs the Solo Stove Ranger at 36. For me diameter is the issue. Not so much height. I keep it in my MFT Backbox with the wood.

It collapses to about 15cm, I’m the opposite as I don’t have the height for a Solo

Depends on the model, but if a Delta or Delta Max you have no concern with X-Boost. 1,800 watts easy and can boost higher for short periods.

Delta 2. I haven’t tried in anger with my home kettle for fear of blowing it up