Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress topper confusion.

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I am trying to find out what exactly it is I have on my lower bed!
It is a piece of foam, in one piece and shaped to fit the bed.
The cover is dark blue cotton and has a zip down the fridge side. The zip is broken.
Is this what comes as standard with the van and if so can you get replacement cover and or fitted sheets?
Sorry if it is an obvious question but nothing I have seen seems to be in this sort of cover.
image.jpeg

That looks custom made, what does it look like under the blue sheet? Does it have any branding?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks custom made, what does it look like under the blue sheet? Does it have any branding?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I will try and have a look this afternoon. Difficult because the zip is broken.
Then have to decide whether to keep it and try and find a cover that fits, get one made using the old one as a template or ditching it and buying a new one!

Looks as though it is just a piece of foam, 2inches thick, cut to size and a cover made to fit it. No branding.
Will probably buy a new one so had better get reading the forums on what to buy!
All the talk of nocturnal secretions on the other thread has made me think it might be best!

Unless in is a memory foam it may not be worth saving. Most purchased toppers will fold into 3 sections so store well on top of the rear shelf when the seat is up position.

It's a Duvalay. I think you can get replacement covers for them from the website that starts 'Camper' and ends in 'Vantastic'. The Duvalay's themselves are pretty expensive, so don't throw it away, unless it's truly ruined!

It's a Duvalay. I think you can get replacement covers for them from the website that starts 'Camper' and ends in 'Vantastic'. The Duvalay's themselves are pretty expensive, so don't throw it away, unless it's truly ruined!

Thanks LowMan, I think that you are absolutely correct! Thank you.
The mattress itself isn't in any protective mesh but the cover does look as though it has been professionally made. I might contact duvalay and see if washing it is an option. Ideal that you can get fitted sheets for it. That and a duvet zzzzzzzzz

We have one. We bought it from the site I mentioned. I can't type the name as this forum blocks it out for some reason! They are extremely comfy and certainly wouldn't part with ours ;)

Main problem we find with the duvelay is it becomes very hot and sweaty, but I think this is the same with all memory foam, they are OK if using in the UK outside of summer but I would not reccomend them for summer or hot country use, I think they are vastly over priced for what they are TBH

We have one. We bought it from the site I mentioned. I can't type the name as this forum blocks it out for some reason! They are extremely comfy and certainly wouldn't part with ours ;)

What thickness is yours? The one I have is very flexible and for the short time I have been lying on it seems very comfy. I just like the idea that you have fitted sheets and whatever you want to put on top. I might treat myself to a new one.
I had a duvalay sleeping bag when I had the T2 but it was claustraphobic and as I have such a lovely big bed now I want to stretch out!!!

Main problem we find with the duvelay is it becomes very hot and sweaty, but I think this is the same with all memory foam, they are OK if using in the UK outside of summer but I would not reccomend them for summer or hot country use, I think they are vastly over priced for what they are TBH
What sort of mattress do you use Insommnia?

What thickness is yours? The one I have is very flexible and for the short time I have been lying on it seems very comfy. I just like the idea that you have fitted sheets and whatever you want to put on top. I might treat myself to a new one.
I had a duvalay sleeping bag when I had the T2 but it was claustraphobic and as I have such a lovely big bed now I want to stretch out!!!

We have the 5cm version. I just had a quick look on the website I mentioned to you. I can see they still sell fitted sheets of varying colours. So you don't have to stick with Blue!