Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing Cover From Cali Original Comfort Folding Matress

J

Jaxdee

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I'm looking to wash the original cover on the foldable mattress of my recently purchased second-hand Cali SE. I've managed to remove the foam sections from the two thinner sections of the mattress but cannot for the life of me see how to remove the cover from the thicker, third section of the mattress. I can see a zip round one length and one side of this section, but the zip opener appears to be on the inside of the cover and I cannot see anyway of accessing and undoing it. What am I missing? Can anyone give me any hints as to how to totally remove this cover? TIA

The zipper is on the inside so that you do not catch yourself when sleeping. You should be able to manipulate the zipper by careful movements to the cover in that area - be patient and it will move. Try to create a small void inside the cover whilst you manipulate the zipper. We have removed and washed and replaced the cover 3 or 4 times now.

The zipper is on the inside so that you do not catch yourself when sleeping. You should be able to manipulate the zipper by careful movements to the cover in that area - be patient and it will move. Try to create a small void inside the cover whilst you manipulate the zipper. We have removed and washed and replaced the cover 3 or 4 times now.
Thank you .. will give it a try :)

I have just washEd mine very successfully. I did it in the bath with lots of stamping and air dried it. Good luck.

Wife puts in the washing machine at 30deg. Never any issues, and come out like new.

Back