Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Main hook up on a Beach

Wengen007

Wengen007

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi I'm a new member and I have a question
I am going to order a new Beach around Christmas time to arrive on a mew plate in March and I am trying to find out if you can get a mains hook up on the Beach I have asked the dealer but they don't seem to know.
If anyone has any other advice what to add on or not let me know
Thanks Guys

I have spoken to VW customer services and a dealer who have advised now standard on Beach.

Thanks for this great news do you know how many sockets inside the van and where they are placed?

Does the beach have a 2nd battery?

Sorry, don't know the answer to those but SMG should have the answer

Wengen007 said:
Thanks for this great news do you know how many sockets inside the van and where they are placed?

so far I've found one right at the back of the boot by the back door, one on top of the dashboard (on top by the place you put your sunglasses/phone etc) and one in the cigarette lighter on the front of the dash. I think the dealer said there is another one in the boot somewhere but haven't yet found that one…

and yes there is a leisure battery in it (at least in mine which has a parking heater, but presume they all do)

Wengen007 said:

Hi,

In the 2014 Beach if you pay for hook-up you get an extra 12V and a 230V/220V socket just behind the drivers seat, almost in the same place as the California Comfortline.

A Beach with Mains Hook Up and Parking Heater to me is the ultimate camper, I love the full fat Cali, it's an amazing piece of kit but as an everyday/going away vehicle a Beach with these is an awesome van.

James

James said:
A Beach with Mains Hook Up and Parking Heater to me is the ultimate camper, I love the full fat Cali, it's an amazing piece of kit but as an everyday/going away vehicle a Beach with these is an awesome van.

James

I totally agree with you James. I have thought hard and long about a Comfortline (driven both at legnth too) and for me the Beach wins it as i use it as my daily driver.

Mart.

Thanks for the feed back guys I love the cali as well but can't wait now to order a beach as I will be driving every day and need all the space for work, but can't wait for fun on the weekends. :cool

Back