Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MagSafe charger location

scraynes

scraynes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Have any of you come up with a neat install location for a MagSafe charger. I’m trying to avoid trailing wires and blocking the air vents. T6.1 dashboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't got my van yet but something on my list to achieve.....watching this thread with interest

Have any of you come up with a neat install location for a MagSafe charger. I’m trying to avoid trailing wires and blocking the air vents. T6.1 dashboard.

mine is in the air vent just above the usb sockets. its not that bad...

My MagSafe phone holder is in the air vent on the right of the steering wheel. Mine is not a charger but they do a version that is. I chose to run a cable from one of the USB C sockets. Didn’t want my phone on charge all the time it’s mounted. Looks OK with very little cable showing.

View attachment 123293

IMG_1368.jpeg

View attachment IMG_1367.jpeg

3m stuck on, great spot you do see bit of wiring.
Didn’t want phone in front of vent so good solution.
IMG_6813.png

I just use a brodit mount and a short usb c to c and usb c to lightning cable to reach whatever phone is in the charger. I’ve messed with wireless CarPlay in previous cars and it’s slow, clunky and doesn’t support hi-res audio so I’ve stuck with wired. The brodit stuff is excellent quality but expensive but you soon forget about the cost as it just works.

When I was looking for a solution, I remember seeing someone on another forum with a MagSafe charging solution.
I tried posting a link but it didn’t work. Photo credit to OP.

It was a kkm MagSafe charger from
Amazon plus brodit clip.

IMG_2027.jpeg

Thanks for the replies. I’ve gone with a MagSafe mount which isn’t wired (take the point that phone doesn’t always need to be on charge), which sticks to top of dash. Then wire to usb c for power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is expensive but it looks OEM

Doesn’t look like it will fit a right hand drive, or will it?

This requires a quad lock case but sits in a perfect location for me. Ignore the 12v cig cable for my Dometic CFX12.

032f3dc95ba65022d5fbf588624583ac.jpg

8b82182e8c58ec7a543037077bd55075.jpg

I'd really like to 3D print something that will sit at the base of the centre cubby and hold a MagSafe puck for charging on the move while using CarPlay, I'd want to combine this with moving to wireless CarPlay as well (T6) so need to do some searching first.

I'd really like to 3D print something that will sit at the base of the centre cubby and hold a MagSafe puck for charging on the move while using CarPlay, I'd want to combine this with moving to wireless CarPlay as well (T6) so need to do some searching first.
I'd buy one from you, if it didn't foul the cupholder

I have a belkin magsafe screwed onto an ancient nokia cradle holder

1715875141297.jpeg

Back