Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Last T6.1 Ocean

I have a sad tale to tell. Ordered a 4-motion with diff lock in Mojave Beige 3rd week in March. I decided on the style pack- I know its not everyone's cuppa but we felt, having seen one, it matched the colour really well and particularly liked the front and back Aluminium skid pans - personal choice. At the time it was still on the config but a week later or so that and sports pack came off. Anyway, heard nothing and called into dealer from time to time....and they said everything fine. Having read these threads I decided to push harder for an up-date. However, today my dealer told me that VW had been in touch two days ago - no style pack (OK, annoying but can live with this) can't do Mojave Beige (kinda OK but now two lemons) and order has been cancelled....I have been told that's it gone. Apparently VW emailed my dealer to say 'we can't build this - can you let us know in the next 15 mins what the customer wants us to do'....and of course they didn't see the email until 'later'. How utterly ridiculous. So our dream has been shattered....two years planning and many more years saving....even purchased a ridge monkey pan!!!!....and planned our holiday to Shetland in August.... I've been told that production has stopped....this can't be true but we do know that new orders stopped a while back. I wonder if anyone else has /is experiencing a cancelled order. I need to compose myself and consider my next steps.
That’s shocking and pretty disgusting behaviour from VW Factory

I know for a fact that some Dealers have stock sitting awaiting to be bought. Try CityGate Wooburn Green.

let us know how you get on

Can’t believe it … ordered in March … Wk19 build slot so first week of May…2 week build and guess what…I was schocked …it’s at the dealer and could collect this coming week if I wanted to…that’s 3 weeks to build in factory and collect from dealer. Very Usual but at every stage it could have waited in a queue …those wheels kept rolling …it even got itself on a ferry the same day it arrived at port as was in a convenient position to load..unbelievable…my current Cali took a year to arrive ..amazing !

Which dealer did you go with as a matter of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It obviously jumped the que. The last I heard of ours, it had been at the port for over three weeks patiently waiting its turn to board a boat.
I think mine was at the port 3 hrs..the dealer told me sometimes when they have opportunities vans that have been there a while are all blocked in and they can take quick wins by driving it straight on just hours before it set sails..

I have 23rd week build too, no expected delivery date.

Hi.

Have you had any update on your build slot? It’s week 23 next week so our vans should be being built … if everything is ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't week 23 starting today? I don't expect updates until van is ready for delivery.

Yes. Week 23 starts today. Sounds like they are on a roll at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was built wk 19 and it only took 18 days from being a sheet of roll steel to sitting in the back yard of the dealer in uk to be collected last week of May. we are so shocked and unprepared we can’t collect until July due to commitments … took 12 months last time !

Back