Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Build Week 34

RetroRed5

RetroRed5

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
There is a "Build Week 33" thread so I thought I'd start a "Build Week 34" thread?

Our CaliO (ordered in May is down for week 34 (w/c 20-AUG-2018); does anyone else on here have the same build week? Is yours still in production?

I've been in touch with VW directly a couple of times via the online chat feature and in both cases they said my CaliO is still in production; last time I checked was yesterday afternoon which means if they started the build as per the schedule then it will have been in production for 4 weeks by the time we get to the end of this week; when I ordered it I asked the dealer how long they take to build and I was told "about a week, depending on options"; so I'm wondering if ours is taking so long because of the options we selected or if they are behind schedule already.

When the dealer confirmed our build week (which he did late July but only after me chasing for an update), we were told that it typically takes 6 to 8 weeks from the build week to when it arrives at the dealership (not accounting for any WLTP related delays that is); so by my reckoning, we could have our CaliO in as little as 2 to 4 weeks if all goes well; although given it is still in production then I suspect this is highly unlikely.

Whilst the "not knowing" is becoming a little frustrating, the excitement levels are starting to rise :)

There is a "Build Week 33" thread so I thought I'd start a "Build Week 34" thread?

Our CaliO (ordered in May is down for week 34 (w/c 20-AUG-2018); does anyone else on here have the same build week? Is yours still in production?

I've been in touch with VW directly a couple of times via the online chat feature and in both cases they said my CaliO is still in production; last time I checked was yesterday afternoon which means if they started the build as per the schedule then it will have been in production for 4 weeks by the time we get to the end of this week; when I ordered it I asked the dealer how long they take to build and I was told "about a week, depending on options"; so I'm wondering if ours is taking so long because of the options we selected or if they are behind schedule already.

When the dealer confirmed our build week (which he did late July but only after me chasing for an update), we were told that it typically takes 6 to 8 weeks from the build week to when it arrives at the dealership (not accounting for any WLTP related delays that is); so by my reckoning, we could have our CaliO in as little as 2 to 4 weeks if all goes well; although given it is still in production then I suspect this is highly unlikely.

Whilst the "not knowing" is becoming a little frustrating, the excitement levels are starting to rise :)
Its all down to WLTP testing which is bottle necking the production (dealers words) and im trying to get the latest WLTP emission and MPG results but nothing as yet. Have you heard of anything?

I've asked my dealer a few times about updated emissions and MPG data but thus far they know nothing; in fact my dealer is unaware of ANY changes whatsoever to the MY19 Cali; this doesn't mean there won't be some minor tweaks here and there but according to my dealer VW has not yet told them anything.

I've asked my dealer a few times about updated emissions and MPG data but thus far they know nothing; in fact my dealer is unaware of ANY changes whatsoever to the MY19 Cali; this doesn't mean there won't be some minor tweaks here and there but according to my dealer VW has not yet told them anything.
Suppose it not a good sign VW not even telling dealers the new Emssions and MPG from the new WLTP tests, mine doesnt know either. Surely VW have some idea!

Given Cali's are being built as we speak then yes, you would think that surely some tests have been completed and therefore some data would be available; perhaps the problem is that Cali's coming off the production line and failing the tests and so there are some VW engineers somewhere scratching their heads trying to figure out a solution that doesn't involve building a new engine.

It seems we are all in the dark on this one :(

Given Cali's are being built as we speak then yes, you would think that surely some tests have been completed and therefore some data would be available; perhaps the problem is that Cali's coming off the production line and failing the tests and so there are some VW engineers somewhere scratching their heads trying to figure out a solution that doesn't involve building a new engine.

It seems we are all in the dark on this one :(
True. Do appreciate the new WLTP tests must be really annoying for ALL car makers, not just VW as every van/ cali has to be tested differently if it even has a only a few different options.

I have no new information but good luck with the wait :)

Back