Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood satnav thingy

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
The California I'm hoping we'll get has a factory fit Kenwood satnav/bluetooth/DVD system but I don't know much about it. Is it any good? Does it mean better sound?

Thanks!

I have a Kenwood unit in my Caddy demo and it is pretty good. The bluetooth is good and downloads the phone book from my iPhone, but you cannot search through the phone book whilst you are moving. The navigation is Garmin and is very good too. TV and DVD cannot be watched whilst in motion on the main screen either. We have fitted these to California's and then added rear view camera's and I believe other screens can be added onto it too!

cheers

does it link in with the climate control and parking sensors same as the OEM stuff?

tbh - the reviews I've seen were poor but this thread may change that!

It doesn't display the parking sensors like the oem stereo, but does reduce the volume a lot so you can hear the parking sensors.

cheers

sebking said:
does it link in with the climate control and parking sensors same as the OEM stuff?

tbh - the reviews I've seen were poor but this thread may change that!

Where did you see bad reviews? I've only seen good ones!

I don't think it integrates quite as well as the OEM system but I'm very happy with it.

You can control the stereo (volume, track, radio station, etc) from the MF steering wheel, it turns the volume down when the satnav "lady" speaks, synchs well with my Android phone (need an i-phone for full functionality but I don't like them!), etc

I like the touch screen too. Oh and not sure what the OEM system sounds like (mine was taken out before I bought it) but it kicks out some pretty good sound too.

And our little one LOVES the DVD player too!

KernowLad said:
sebking said:
Oh and not sure what the OEM system sounds like (mine was taken out before I bought it) but it kicks out some pretty good sound too.

I'm presuming we have the OEM system and it sounds great. Nice tones on the spoken word, kicks out the jams well and have a very clear display. Parking sensor disply and volume limiter is very effective. However I am led to believe it will still play Susan Boyle cds.

Back