Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DNX7240BT Garmin/Kenwood Update fail

A

adydye

I'm following the instructions to update the Kenwood unit and then the Garmin maps.
It tells me to insert the DVD I've created from the Kenwood online updates, put the unit on standby, go to Information, and start the software update. However, once I insert the DVD, the unit goes to the startup screen, then goes blank, then goes to the startup screen, then goes blank, and round and round like that.
Does anyone know how to get around this?
Thanks,
Adrian

Try re-burning dvd at slowest speed & maybe different make of dvd

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

adydye said:
I'm following the instructions to update the Kenwood unit and then the Garmin maps.
It tells me to insert the DVD I've created from the Kenwood online updates, put the unit on standby, go to Information, and start the software update. However, once I insert the DVD, the unit goes to the startup screen, then goes blank, then goes to the startup screen, then goes blank, and round and round like that.
Does anyone know how to get around this?
Thanks,
Adrian

Check the type of DVD that has been specified. There is a difference between a DVD-R, DVD+R. The burner in your computer might well burn both types but the reader in the Kenwood may only read one type.

Alan

No, I bought the recommended type of disk but it just said "Disk Error".
I'm on the road now, so it's a bit tricky to sort out.

Back