Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just picked up my new Cali

Kingsley

Kingsley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi guys, I picked up my new Cali on Thursday night and I'm having some trouble removing the extra 5th seat Any advice on how to get it out would be much appreciated. By the way, the van is awesome!! Cheers !

We had to remove the 5th seat in the loan cali we were given and didn't get a user manual!

So...

The plastic grey end caps in the rails pull out from the cab end first, revealing the ends of the aluminium/rubber strips under the seat.

Move the seat fully towards the rear bench as possible (with rear bench as far back as it can go) and then pull / slide out towards the cab the 4 individual bits of aluminium/rubber rail, next to the holes you have just created by removing the plastic grey end caps. You may need to lift the seat up a bit while pulling them as there are two wheels on the seat runners that sit on some of the aluminium strips stopping them moving.

Then move the seat back towards the cab end until all of the locating tabs on the runners are exposed in the rail and then the seat can be lifted out.

Then put the aluminium trim back in place, then the plastic end caps.

Then throw the seat away :D:thumb

Thanks guys. Do you have to remove the mattress support and move the bench seat right back?

I didn’t, I just moved the bench as far back as it could go with everything normal left in place (ie bed extension behind it down etc).

Are you planning on taking the seat in/out often?

No once I get it out I think it will live in the spare room

Hi guys, I picked up my new Cali on Thursday night and I'm having some trouble removing the extra 5th seat Any advice on how to get it out would be much appreciated. By the way, the van is awesome!! Cheers !

Welcome!

We should have a 5th seat meet-up once in a while. They all must need counseling stuck in spare rooms / garages failing to fill their life's role.