Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picked up my Cali today

Bellesca

Bellesca

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Ordered in October from John Lawry at VWHeritage in Bristol and picked up today. He was extremely helpful throughout the whole experience,from which options to choose and advice re the weak plastic points of the Cali, and gave us regular updates on the build.
Also a massive thank you to everyone on this forum who has influenced all our choices and ignited our passion to not wait any longer and just order it and enjoy it. After 30 years of camping in 2man tents we're looking forward to our little bit of luxury.

Picked up the van at midday, and after 10mins of playing with the DSG and tying my left foot down it was off to the Brecon Beacons for a cup of tea. Still snow on the peaks and with the wonderful views and glorious sunshine, we spent the afternoon fitting the second skin Inka covers (highly recommended). Then we had an even bigger cup of tea and just sat there with a big smile:D
I can't wait for the weekend to spend the night sleeping in it and sussing out where to keep everything. If I didn't have a sloping driveway I'd be sleeping in it tonight.:thumb
Roll on the Easter holidays.:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance:bananadance
Night Blue, 180, Dsg, 4motion

Hi , it still is a two men tent ...but on wheels!
Have fun getting to now the Cali ;)

congratulations, bet you won't be going on long hikes for a little while
You will be too worried about leaving your Cali alone:oops:
At least that was what it was like for me at the beginning (ex backpacker)
Happy days ahead :thumb
Alan

Congratulations!! Enjoy the excitement - it WILL last! :D

Photos please :happy

Get levelling ramps and then you can sleep on your driveway.

Congrats Bellesca, van sounds lovely, enjoy your special day, week, month, year :thumb
I have mostly been sat in my van on the drive this week, heater on, music on, perusing and deliberating what goes where! Love it.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the experience and the excitement of your new Cali.

Back