Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just bought a dec 2010 Cali se.

burko73

burko73

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
It's an se 180 in nat grey with climatronic, mfsw, privacy glass, cruise control, bike rack, awning, parking sensors.

My deposits paid with a VW dealer and I just have to find some time to go pick it up.... Might have to wait 3 weeks Neil I can get there though..... Might just drive me mad.

Burko73

Welcome Richard. It sounds like a great van you have ordered. Is it your first camper :?:
Why did you decide on a cali :?: :thumb

Looking forward to picking it up. Just gotta get it insured now. My current (LV) insurer won't touch it as they say its a high performance vehicle on their system despite me having a full protected no claims for 15 yrs.

It'll be my second vw camper having bought and converted my own ex aa t4 about 6 yrs ago. I reckon I did a pretty good job and we've got pretty much all the functionality of the cali in there but it's 11 yrs old now and 150K miles and doesn't have a pop top or seatbelts on the rear bed/seat.

We've used it so much over the last 6 yrs and we don't have to use it to commute so we thought we'd upgrade to a t5 gp and convert myself again. looking at good quality 2 yr old vans and adding up the cost involved including a decent safe bed/ seat, a decent roof and waeco/ smev stuff with all the cali mod cons it wasn't much more to bite the bullet and get a decent second hand cali. it'll be a keeper so we searched for a 180 in a good colour (grey) and got a good one but a long way away...

Well done you. I often have to tell people that even though it seem's expensive the Cali is good value like you say by the time you put a pop top seats bed night heater fridge awning hob etc
In the same spec van you are talking Cali money anyway. Enjoy :thumb

LV insurance a few years a go I had a Balingo Multispace LV would not insure it they said it was a van :lol:

burko73 said:
Looking forward to picking it up. Just gotta get it insured now. My current (LV) insurer won't touch it as they say its a high performance vehicle on their system despite me having a full protected no claims for 15 yrs.
Same thing just happened to me. LV want touch it. Despite having been with them for donkeys years. So much for customer loyalty?