Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just about to order...

Night blue would be my next choice in Cali colour as I have a grey one now :)
See a night blue at weekend at the Cali meet ... Lush fella

Yes night blue is a beauty, good choice! It was not my choice of colour but is my favourite now and having seen the colour I was going to choose I am very happy. I also had a fifth seat with mine which I am unlikely to ever use as it takes up too much room and I wouldn't recommend, would you like to buy at a very good price? (unused)

ashleaf said:
Yes night blue is a beauty, good choice! It was not my choice of colour but is my favourite now and having seen the colour I was going to choose I am very happy. I also had a fifth seat with mine which I am unlikely to ever use as it takes up too much room and I wouldn't recommend, would you like to buy at a very good price? (unused)

You're a few days too late I'm afraid, ordered the fifth seat with the van. :grin:

Hi knighty,

Thx for the info on drive the deal site etc. I've mailed the quote from them over to me local vw dealer today and asked if they can price match :?: Fingers crossed as getting really keen to get my order placed.

Did they give you an estimated time scale for delivery ? 3 months ish ?

Thx again

Steve

Good luck with the quote then, hopefully they'll match it but if not just go drive the deal...happy days! We saved over £6k so was well pleased with that!

Let us know how you get on, what spec / colour you going for?

Cheers, if I get no joy with vw in Worcester I may try your guy ( bristo lwas it ? )

I've been up n down on the spec and colour as well as new against 12 months old but decided new was a better deal due to he second had prices etc

Going for:
Natural grey Matalic
140 manual
Cruise control
Privacy glass
Front and rear parking sensors
Black awning
17" Neva alloys
Front spoiler
( not sure on the tow bar though ?? )
I will get the bike rack and iPod connection after market I think

Think that's about the lot :thumb who needs to eat anyway :rofl lifes short and I think the Cali is going to be a big part of the next ten years :barmy

Woo hoo - van sounds great! We too have a little one (18 months) and a nearly four year old. The kids absolutely LOVE nights away in the van (22 so far since we bought ours in January). It's a great life enhancer for them - enjoy!

Not actually sure what pack A is but pack B is auto wipers and auto dimming rear view mirror. I think... :lol:

:lol: are you pleased with you choice of colour ???? I thinking of either natural grey or the blue. Love the black but my last two cars have been black and there only ever clean for about 30 mins and they scratch like heck :censor

Definitely pleased with the colour, can't wait to pick the van up now, hopefully before the family gets bigger :D

sounds like a good spec for yours, we took ages deciding and going back and forth with specs but really pleased with it all now.

your main dealer should help you out, but if not then Jason in bristol has been really helpful! :thumb

ashleaf said:
I also had a fifth seat with mine which I am unlikely to ever use as it takes up too much room and I wouldn't recommend, would you like to buy at a very good price? (unused)

He would need to order from the factory to get the 3rd rail so it wouldn't work out :thumb

SteveW said:
Hi Kernowlad

Can't wait to be honest. Can you tell me what the vis packs a & b are ? Not figured that one out yet ?

Cheers

Hi Steve

Visibility Pack A – headlamp washers with heated front washer jets and washer fluid level indicator

Visibility Pack B – rain sensor and automatic-dimming rear-view mirror (included with Lane Change Assist)

Xenon headlights – with LED daytime running lights. Includes headlamp washer system with heated front washer jets and washer fluid level indicator
Interior

Lane Change Assist – includes Visibility Pack B and cruise control

Hope this helps - the Xenons aren't a Vis Pack as such but part of the lighting group etc.

James

Afternoon all and thx for the info so far.

Breaking news !!!! I managed to get VW Worcester to price match with drive the deal and was about to place the order for a new Cali but was stressing wether to wait for a month or two then order so it arrives in the new year.

Then I get a call to say one matching my spec ( apart from the alloys i was thinking about, but i will save £'s ) has landed in there sister branch as they had sold there last showroom model. Its still wrapped up and untouched !!!!!!!!!!

I PICK IT UP NEXT SATURDAY :barmy :laugh2 :barmy :laugh2 :barmy :barmy :laugh2

Whoooooooooooooooooooopppppppp whooooooooppppppppp

Woo hoo!!!

You have a slow week and a half coming up...! :lol:

Yeah! Excellent stuff! I understand the elation because I finally get mine next week too.

Here's to the excitement of the Noobs!

:barmy

KernowLad said:
Woo hoo!!!

Hee hee I know, sods law though I'm going camping this weekend in a little tent in he rain!! :rain
So I will really appreciate our new Cali when she lands. Just gonna find the reddies to pay now :boohoo

YorkshireHeathen said:
Yeah! Excellent stuff! I understand the elation because I finally get mine next week too.

Congratulations I bet you can't wait, how long ago did you order ? I must admit the delivery times didn't sit well with me as I'm inpatient. But only started looking at Cali's a few weeks ago just as one of thoughs radarm thoughts you get, next thing I know I'm skint and very excited :barmy

Happy camping

SteveW said:
YorkshireHeathen said:

Congratulations I bet you can't wait, how long ago did you order ? I must admit the delivery times didn't sit well with me as I'm inpatient. But only started looking at Cali's a few weeks ago just as one of thoughs radarm thoughts you get, next thing I know I'm skint and very excited :barmy

Happy camping

Similar here. Considered changing our LR Defender 110 (newish, broke down almost weekly), browsed some Calis, bought one two weeks later. Same with our other car although I was "casually" browsing for a fair while.

It's VERY exciting getting one - there's the "I have NO idea how anything works" period which is actually rather fun, the "getting to know it but still finding new bits" thing then eventually (I guess!) the "know all the bits and bobs" stage!

Not only will you enjoy it immensely, you'll both find they are serious magnets for friendly people wanting a little look inside or just complimenting you.

ENJOY!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Reserved mine a few months back on a price match but got a few extras I hadn't specced. To get the deal though I had to let them pre register it as a demonstrator. Luckily they had another on demo so mine has just sat in their compound untouched!

I still can't believe its really happening! Grinning like a buffoon in anticipation.

:barmy :D :barmy

SteveW said:
KernowLad said:
Woo hoo!!!

Hee hee I know, sods law though I'm going camping this weekend in a little tent in he rain!! :rain
So I will really appreciate our new Cali when she lands. Just gonna find the reddies to pay now :boohoo

CarFest Steve??

Hi Stu

No not car fest, wish it was though. I was thinking this morning when Chris Evans was on about that it would be nice to go.

I'm off too Wolacombe. Sod law that I've got a bnb book for a week at the end of Sept and I can't cancel :censor Didn't think I would have a Cali. Going to be in a posh bnb in St Ives with my new baby parked outside :sad

SteveW said:
Hi Stu

No not car fest, wish it was though. I was thinking this morning when Chris Evans was on about that it would be nice to go.

I'm off too Wolacombe. Sod law that I've got a bnb book for a week at the end of Sept and I can't cancel :censor Didn't think I would have a Cali. Going to be in a posh bnb in St Ives with my new baby parked outside :sad

Congrats Steve - sounds like you got a good deal.

My Dad lives in St Ives so I spend a fair bit of time there - tbh - a Cali - actually any vehicle can be a nightmare in St Ives lol. Although it is serious VW country - if you haven't been to St Ives before - it's lovely, absolutely lovely.

Enjoy the Cali and St Ives :)

James

Ahh I see.

We booked CarFest before we got the Cali so we're 'roughing it' in the tent :laugh2

Enjoy yourself :thumb

Custard said:
SteveW said:
Hi Stu

Congrats Steve - sounds like you got a good deal.

My Dad lives in St Ives so I spend a fair bit of time there - tbh - a Cali - actually any vehicle can be a nightmare in St Ives lol. Although it is serious VW country - if you haven't been to St Ives before - it's lovely, absolutely lovely.

Enjoy the Cali and St Ives :)

James

Cheers James :thanks

Yeah I love St Ives, and yeah the parking etc is a nightmare. I been quite a few times now and always in a Mitsubishi Warrior so used to it. In fact the Cali will be only a little wider but actually a bit shorter :D stop in the Nook bnb the last few time with a parking space, it a squeeze but always manage and can walk into town then. Gonna be stressing about folks scratching my new baby this time though :shocked

Yeah pretty pleased with my deal got a little over 12% of the book price :barmy

Looking forward to being and active member of this great club to :thanks