Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

...it's a beautiful day!

C

cwriggy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Just clocked up about 600 amazing miles in the Cali mountain biking in Scotland.

In my plans I was going to have a nice shiny Atera rack for the bike but unfortunately they seem to be a bit popular at the moment and roof box can't get them in. So it was wheels off bed out and bike on the inside. At least this left me free to enjoy the drive on the twisty roads without the bike bouncing behind.

Coming back down the M6 the sun was shining, I got clocked by another Cali driver going north on the Thelwall viaduct - same natural grey but with a VW bike rack. I'm sure we were both thinking "there goes a really lucky person". A couple of hundred yards later I passed a rental splitty with the driver bedecked in a lively period holiday shirt and Mr E's beautiful blues pumping on my stereo "Goddam right it's a beautiful day" it certainly was.

So good I accidentally forgot to reorganize the cars and had to take the Cali to work on Monday morning :eek:)

You wont be disappointing with the Atera when you get one. They cope admirably even with our really heavy electric bikes when driving spiritedly...

Love it. I'm sure that's what they call living the dream.
What's the altera bike rack like compared to the VW one. I've got the VW already. Never had a problem with it had one on my last van for 4 years.

We also have a VW one. The Atera makes much lighter work of road trips with bikes for us as I am very disorganised and need to keep going in the back. The Atera just tips out of the way. It's less of a lift with heavy cycles too!

Ahh I see. Mine only carries 2 bikes at most. So I'll take a look at the other option and see.
Thankyou for your quick response.
Mike.

image.jpg View media item 367 ....pic from today......we've used bike racks for 25 years or so and the VW rack is by far the best we have ever had, flexible, secure...so easy to use.....yes a beautiful day!

Back