Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My Cali looks dull this time of year.....

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
A combination or road salt, steel winter wheels and narrow tyres, and removal of the bike rack has left my daily driver Cali looking a little sad. I think the T6 tailgate is so plain and square without the rack. I can't wait for Spring to get the alloys and rack back on (although all the 'youff' think the steelies are cool).IMG_20190123_122051.jpg

^ Seeing the big photo, the salt hardly shows.... Perhaps an advert for the bamboo green.... Which has been all over the country in the last week and hasn't been washed for 8 weeks :(

Agreed CaliKev...... This particular "old of body but young of mind" member also thinks the 17" Steels have a certain understated coolness about them!

when I had to put 4 steelies on my Cali temporarily (long story) I HATED them! Sorry...normally I am Mr Stock!

I like my steel wheels, sprayed them from silver to black, liked them even more now.
d46647ff7e75910b838442e854153827.jpg

4FE22AF3-9633-4EBB-82AA-4C1495F8BAEA.jpeg ED869F77-65FD-4E8A-BF50-430C9BE1A1A5.jpeg Or the original style powder coated...

So now we're off into the 'wheels' thing, I've got a confession to make.....

I really don't 'get' the current fashion / enthusiasm for black wheels. (In the same way that I couldn't understand the sudden increase in the popularity of white cars some years ago which now seems on the wane)

There I said it..!! Just needed to get that off my chest. It is obvs only my personal taste & I fully respect the choice & opinion of others.:thumb

I've tried to understand why they do nothing for me.....

I think my visual receptors are triggered by contrast, a nice shiny alloy against a dark bodywork just seem to do it for me. I always associated black wheels with either old cheap steels that had lost their wheel trims or unloved alloys covered in brake dust....

My young daughter recently purchased her first car, a Toyota Aygo with.... you guessed it shiny black alloys, so I do have some regular day to day contact to perhaps help me overcome my prejudice :embarrased

My Beach is ordered in Black, with 17" Cascavels, and I'm thinking some chrome side bars, an Ocean style double chrome trim grille & a shiny bike rack will provide the necessary contrast to satisfy my weird tastes! :D

(I may not be able to stop myself finding a cheap set of 18" Sportlines in silver obviously!)

So in summary, 'Hats Off' to all you black wheel lovers, although they don't do it for me I admire anyone introducing some of their own style & taste to their beloved Cali's :)

Agree with you I’m not the. Biggest fan of black wheels hence I will be changing mine soon I like to see the wheels and not a black hole

A combination or road salt, steel winter wheels and narrow tyres, and removal of the bike rack has left my daily driver Cali looking a little sad. I think the T6 tailgate is so plain and square without the rack. I can't wait for Spring to get the alloys and rack back on (although all the 'youff' think the steelies are cool).View attachment 40919
At least it shows you’re using it.:thumb

120D899B-79A2-48B1-BCF0-25D035136CC7.jpeg Eye of the beholder and all. Agree with point about contrast. All silver I found was just a bit, well, meh. What with side decals, repainted awning, it’ll be all black before you know it and I’ll be adding silver alloys for contrast.

Back