Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

iPod goes flat

Custardtart

Custardtart

I leave an iPod in my van connected to the iPod doc in the glovebox. If I don't use the van for a week it goes flat.

Is this normal - I'd expect it to turn off when the ignition key is out but it seems it doesn't.

Anyone come across this and found a solution?

I've got a horrid feeling I'm doing something stupid and will regret this post! :doh

Custardtart said:
I leave an iPod in my van connected to the iPod doc in the glovebox. If I don't use the van for a week it goes flat.

Is this normal - I'd expect it to turn off when the ignition key is out but it seems it doesn't.

Anyone come across this and found a solution?

I've got a horrid feeling I'm doing something stupid and will regret this post! :doh

Erm it will go flat - it will only charge when the van is running. I charge mine off my Kenwood system and that's quite slow, 12v sockets appear to charge quicker.

The IPOD will stay on unless you turn it off, all the van does is send a charge.

James

The iPod that goes flat is a touch - wifi thingy.

I've got another older one that just does music and that doesn't go flat in my car. I assumed it was being turned off by the dock but maybe the music-only ones just go to a much lower energy state when not in use compared to the touch?

I guess I'll just have to remember to turn it off everytime I get out of the van. Shame.

Custardtart said:
The iPod that goes flat is a touch - wifi thingy.

I've got another older one that just does music and that doesn't go flat in my car. I assumed it was being turned off by the dock but maybe the music-only ones just go to a much lower energy state when not in use compared to the touch?

I guess I'll just have to remember to turn it off everytime I get out of the van. Shame.

The IPod with just music requires much less power to charge and to stay charged. Your Touch has a large colour screen, many more functions and apps.

It's like old mobile phones which stayed charged for a week and modern ones which need constant charging.

James