Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inverter under driver’s seat

Lequimper

Lequimper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
When I try to push in a 3 pin plug into the inverter socket under the driver’s seat, it won’t stay firmly fixed in. Have tried with two separate plugs, one slightly better than the other but neither stays as firmly in it should. Anyone else experienced this and/or found a solution? Thank you.

It seems, for some plugs, it's related to the raised edge when the plug is a larger design. There is a thread on here of someone who has removed it, turned it around, and cut off the raised edge.

When I try to push in a 3 pin plug into the inverter socket under the driver’s seat, it won’t stay firmly fixed in. Have tried with two separate plugs, one slightly better than the other but neither stays as firmly in it should. Anyone else experienced this and/or found a solution? Thank you.
My solution is to use only continental plugs. For example I bought a 18v cordless Bosch vacuum cleaner when in Italy, rather than the UK, so that it had schuko plug.

Last edited:
I might be misunderstanding here but just in case it's of use:

When I first picked up my Cali I tried to plug into the under driver seat inverter to test it and couldn't get a UK plug to get far enough in - similar I believe to your issue. It turned out that the socket hadn't been installed correctly. A simple shove outwards by putting your hand under the seat base, finding the back of the socket and pushing it in the direction of the handbrake. It clicked into place with the surface of the socket flush with the seat base and bingo standard plugs slot in nicelt and electtrons flow!!

Worth checking

Hope that helps

Thank you everyone for the replies. I have tried to push the socket in further but it doesn‘t want to budge any further. I’ll now try the continental adapter approach!

Back