Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Intro - Hi

Bladerunner169

Bladerunner169

Hopefully there is a photo of our new van attached, if not I'm sure you know what they look like :D

This is our first Cali, (our first anything that doesn't involve groundsheets and guy ropes). Had it a week and have just done our first overnighter. The van is Night Blue met' and looks great, admittedly it looks a bit filthy in the pic but there is still snow on the hills up here (photo is in Glencoe).

Spent the night in Glen Nevis (again snow on the hills) and was surprised as to how warm it was in the van, slept "downstairs" and was nice and toasty, didn't even consider switching on the heater.

First impressions are fantastic, everything we hoped for and looking forward to more of the same!

Cheers

Van.jpg

Hi blade runner
Love the picture as well as the colour of your Cali, you must be feeling really chuffed
Like you I progressed from ruck sack and canvas and took ownership of my Cali last year and it just gets better and better.

Happy days ahead :bananadance

Alan

Welcome, you have made a good choice of vehicle, it has everything you need and more, enjoy

I like the colour too! Same as ours.

Plan on taking a few similar photos next week as we explore the Highlands and Islands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phild said:
I like the colour too! Same as ours.

Plan on taking a few similar photos next week as we explore the Highlands and Islands.

Phild where are you heading for? We have toured the entire coastline of Scotland (not all in the one go) over numerous trips by car and motorbike including a lot of the islands. If you get decent weather it will be spectacular.

Enjoy.

Not quite sure yet, travelling up on Friday night and Saturday. Probably staying in Oban for a few days and then an island hopper to Mull, back to the Ardnamurchan and then across onto Skye, then back south via a night on the shores of Loch Ness. Open to ideas though. Quite fancy wild camping if you have any location ideas?

Phild said:
Not quite sure yet, travelling up on Friday night and Saturday. Probably staying in Oban for a few days and then an island hopper to Mull, back to the Ardnamurchan and then across onto Skye, then back south via a night on the shores of Loch Ness. Open to ideas though. Quite fancy wild camping if you have any location ideas?

You seem to have it pretty much sorted. If your are in the Oban area for a few days Seil Island to the south is worth a visit. You go over the "Bridge across the Atlantic" at Clachan and if you go to Ellenabeich you can go on a Seafari tour (in a big Rib) to the Corryvreckan whirlpool which is spectacular- if you like being on the water.

Dunvegan on Skye is a favourite of ours but anywhere you go on the west coast of Scotland you will find plenty of places to wild camp.

Have a great time!