Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interesting system update ocean 6.1 2022

Roger Boeken

Roger Boeken

calisutra
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Today my cali got some software updates. Going through all menu’s one catched my attention: you can now choose to fold mirrors when locking the cali whiteout long press of key.You do no longer need carista or other dongle any more for this. You can also choose to lock doors automatically when the car starts moving..
I wonder if there is a listing somewhere on the internet with all changes..

Does it work? Mines had the fold mirrors on locking since new but still requires the second long press to fold even when it’s selected ☹️

Does it work? Mines had the fold mirrors on locking since new but still requires the second long press to fold even when it’s selected ☹️
Can’t say, did it with carista earlier and that works.

I also had to use Carista to get mirrors on a quick lock of the key.
Doors do not auto lock.
Carista suggested to reset the info-tainment system, which I did.
And had to relearn two keys to info system and reconnect we connect.
Still doesn’t auto lock doors.
I have to remember to lock doors when driving through Aston :/

I also had to use Carista to get mirrors on a quick lock of the key.
Doors do not auto lock.
Carista suggested to reset the info-tainment system, which I did.
And had to relearn two keys to info system and reconnect we connect.
Still doesn’t auto lock doors.
I have to remember to lock doors when driving through Aston :/
After the update 2 days ago , I activated the autolock feature in the cali menu and it works for me, you can hear the locks engage as the cars starts to move. The infotainment system also indicates mirror folding on key lock is active though I activated this long ago with carista not infotainment

After the update 2 days ago , I activated the autolock feature in the cali menu and it works for me, you can hear the locks engage as the cars starts to move. The infotainment system also indicates mirror folding on key lock is active though I activated this long ago with carista not infotainment
I’ll give it a whirl today.
Not used the California for 3 days. Fingers crossed !

Tested this today, deselecting the option to fold the mirrors on the dash just means they won’t fold on the second long press, with it in they still require the second press, does carista make it so they auto fold on the first press?

Tested this today, deselecting the option to fold the mirrors on the dash just means they won’t fold on the second long press, with it in they still require the second press, does carista make it so they auto fold on the first press?
Yes

Correct :thumb
Borrow a Carista from Amazon for a week.
And get the free Carista full package for a month.

Just a word of caution. My son used his Carista type thingy to set my mirrors to auto fold………. then I noticed that sometimes on really cold days (Scotland) they would struggle to fold back down (ice?) so I got him to change them back.

Just a word of caution. My son used his Carista type thingy to set my mirrors to auto fold………. then I noticed that sometimes on really cold days (Scotland) they would struggle to fold back down (ice?) so I got him to change them back.
Blast some de-icer over the joint and it will drip down into the recess when parking up for the night. Should prevent the mist freezing :thumb

This is a good point worth remembering, thank you.

I too used Carista recently to set my mirrors to auto-fold on normal locking (as your son did for you). I like the option as I can: quickly check I have locked the car from a distance (other 70 year olds will understand) and regularly drain the mirror casings from rainwater - in addition to mirror width reduction in my garage and on the street.

Your ice point has made me nervous so I checked my MY2023 Ocean: on the infotainment screen in 'Vehicle Settings' under 'mirrors and locking', there is the tick/untick option to fold mirrors on locking. After the above Carista mod, unticking will cancel the auto-fold. So, in winter conditions (without the need to re-subscribe to Carista), this seems a reasonable get around. The manual driver's door mirror fold remains operational.