Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carista question for 2017 Ocean

kernnowkarmann

kernnowkarmann

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all,

If I buy this: Carista from Amazon Germany then will I be able to do these 3 simple things:

• Make my wing mirrors fold on locking, they currently only fold with the know inside
  • Make the doors auto lock when moving, they currently only lock when I press the button on the drivers door
  • Change my fuel consumption to MPG while the rest remains in KM, not a massive point but I can do this on my Golf (I'll never get used to l/100km, too set in ways)
Finally, after signing up to the 12 months to get the 30 days free and then making these changes, if I then cancel the subscription do the changes stay? And I mean do they not just stay after unplugging the Carista but also if I ever plug it in again (say for a fault code) will it reset to previous settings?

Thanks for any help, €21 seems a small price to pay to make the above changes.

Hello, you should be able to do all those things without Carista and using the vehicle menu via the infotainment system. Unless it's a t6+ thing.

Fold mirrors on locking by pressing and holding the lock button on your key fob.

I can confirm all settings you change via Carista will persist without an active subscription, I understand the sub is for people wanting to monitor diagnostics/access service related things over time etc.

Hello, you should be able to do all those things without Carista and using the vehicle menu via the infotainment system. Unless it's a t6+ thing.

Fold mirrors on locking by pressing and holding the lock button on your key fob.

I can confirm all settings you change via Carista will persist without an active subscription, I understand the sub is for people wanting to monitor diagnostics/access service related things over time etc.

Thanks for the quick reply. The settings aren't in my infotainment system (they are in my Golf under the Car button, which is a 2016, seems odd the Cali has an older system given the initial cost!)

I have tried the long hold on the fob but that doesn't work either

Seems a small price to pay to make the changes so think will go for it

Answering so far as I know (we have a 6.1):

• Make my wing mirrors fold on locking, they currently only fold with the know inside = Yes
  • Make the doors auto lock when moving, they currently only lock when I press the button on the drivers door = Yes, can select the road speed.
  • Change my fuel consumption to MPG while the rest remains in KM, not a massive point but I can do this on my Golf (I'll never get used to l/100km, too set in ways) = Not sure, never looked at this, but it does appear that any settings accessible through the menu system are accessible through the OBDB2 view, so maybe.
Once changes are made, remove the dongle and the settings are all fixed. It’s very easy. The first time you use it, it will take quite some time to scan the car settings and fault codes. On a new van, we had pages of fault codes, concerning at first - which I put down to the manufacturing process, and normally cleared on your first service.

After the month trial period we stopped the subscription, but I do plan to start again soon to look at status info on the DPF as we won’t be doing so many long journeys to regenerate the particulate filter. Out of subscription you can view fault codes, but you can’t make functional changes. Hope this helps.

I have a 2017 california. Your points 2 & 3 can be changed but have found it impossible to get the wing mirrors to close on locking with Carissa or any other key fob method.

Back