Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Integrated Blinds in Front Cab Option

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I've been informed today that... "The integrated blinds you have seen on the left-hand drive vehicle (i.e.@Busfest) is not an option available to the UK market".

This was from the Executive Customer Relations Manager at VW Commercial.

Shame. They would have been good on sunny days.

Looking at how much light they might let in i'm not sure its a big loss overnight. I agree it would have been handy as a sunshade

I wonder what we'll get instead?

We had these in our AutoSleeper and they are brill! Certianly not illegal in the UK as most motorhomes have them, they gave us total blackout and so easy to use, I am just woried what VW mean by curtains????

It will be something like this - NIce!

VwT4T5frontcabcurtainthermalblackoutmadebyvan-xco5_zpsfa89411a.jpg

I've emailed the gentleman at VW who told me that the blinds aren't fitted to ask what will be and to send photos of the UK spec cab.

We wondered about these as well.

On the standard T6 beach spec it says :

Fabric window blinds (opaque) in cab and passenger compartment

This doesn't feature on the Ocean side of the options list though.

I'm curious to see what the van will come with now after the VW comment above. :(

Unless I'm mistaking this for something else, but taking it as it reads in the options list it would imply that you get them as standard on the Beach.

Maybe they thought Ocean and Coast owners were happy with curtains? :talktothehand

There has got to be a reasonable explanation for it.

I quite like fluffy pink...

matches my jumper :)

I've been informed today that... "The integrated blinds you have seen on the left-hand drive vehicle (i.e.@Busfest) is not an option available to the UK market".

This was from the Executive Customer Relations Manager at VW Commercial.

Shame. They would have been good on sunny days.
Now there's a surprise!

We have always had the intergrated blinds here, it is great shame you will have just curtains. I know in Spain they also have the intergreated blind.

So how is windshield covered in t6 beach?

They were certainly fitted to the 204DSG Ocean I test drove in North Wales VW. There is a pic of them (retracted) here.

Yep it just goes to show...don't rely on VW customer service to give you accurate information!!:headbang:headbang:headbang

Definite integrated blinds standard .we have just ordered our T6 Cali ocean today

ok, one more time. Does BEACH version has blinds for a front windshield?

Seems beach doesn't have those blinds, not in options as well. So how is windshield covered for privacy?
VW-T6-California-Beach-2015-im-Test-Fahrbericht-1200x800-ec031d217b16b92c.jpg

Intergrated blinds are not very good, we had a play with them in the showroom and they let a lot of light in plus the magnets are not very strong. The fabric blinds are much better tbh

I've used my integrated blinds on a few occasions I've stayed out in the van without planning it and left the external cover at home.
They seem to work fine ok they let a little light in but it's not horrendous far from it. A great add in in my opinion.

Back