Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inka Lifestyle Seat Cover Update

comfortz

comfortz

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Hi Folks,

I've had an update from Inka and the Takato Lifestyle seat covers should be with us by end of next week beginning of the week after. Sorry to everyone who is waiting but I get the sense they're in very high demand at the moment.

I'll call round all the people I have spoken to over the last 2 weeks about the lifestyle seat covers - so if you're on my list expect a phone call later today :thumb;)

Cheers
Nick

Hi Folks,

I've had an update from Inka and the Takato Lifestyle seat covers should be with us by end of next week beginning of the week after. Sorry to everyone who is waiting but I get the sense they're in very high demand at the moment.

I'll call round all the people I have spoken to over the last 2 weeks about the lifestyle seat covers - so if you're on my list expect a phone call later today :thumb;)

Cheers
Nick
Hi Nick,
We would like to buy some Lifestyle dark grey Takato seat covers for our recently purchased VW Cali SE 140 '15 reg for 2 front seat and for 2 seater rear bench if possible.
Kind regards,
Vernon & Deborah
Hi Folks,

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick,
We would like to buy some Lifestyle dark grey Takato seat covers for our recently purchased VW Cali SE 140 '15 reg for 2 front seat and for 2 seater rear bench if possible.
Kind regards,
Vernon & Deborah
Sure no problem, would you be so kind to drop me your contact details on an email to - comfortzleisure@aol.com - and as soon as they come in to us I'll drop you a call :thumb

Hi Andy,

I was talking with them yesterday about when they should be with us.
I think it'll be the end of this week beginning of next - sorry for the wait!

Regards
Nick

Hi All
We have been waiting for the lifestyle seat covers to come in, but inka have let Nick down and there doesn't seem to be a delivery anytime soon.
Can anyone suggest a good alternative for our T6 Ocean?
We would prefer something dark to hide any marks which puts us off the Brandrup ones and we are not too keen on the faux leather option either.
There don't seem to be many alternatives or have we missed something?
Thanks

I'm using the waterproof covers (ordered with the van) - not as nice but cheaper than the sest covers and might tide you over?

Hi All
We have been waiting for the lifestyle seat covers to come in, but inka have let Nick down and there doesn't seem to be a delivery anytime soon.
Can anyone suggest a good alternative for our T6 Ocean?
We would prefer something dark to hide any marks which puts us off the Brandrup ones and we are not too keen on the faux leather option either.
There don't seem to be many alternatives or have we missed something?
Thanks

The cheaper waterproof Inka ones (around £120) are great, we put them on as a temporary solution when we got the Cali and they've been on ever since!

Really sorry folks.....still no update from Inka on the lifestyle seat covers :headbang

The waterproof ones are being supplied ok and once the lifestyles arrive I'll ring around everyone I've spoken to and pop an update on the forum.

Cheers
Nick

Really sorry folks.....still no update from Inka on the lifestyle seat covers :headbang

The waterproof ones are being supplied ok and once the lifestyles arrive I'll ring around everyone I've spoken to and pop an update on the forum.

Cheers
Nick
Thanks for the update Nick, we'll wait a bit longer before going for the waterproof ones.

I've been mulling over whether to post this or not, but here goes...Inka have confirmed delivery of the lifestyle seat covers for next week. Hope they don't let us down :Nailbiting

Did they arrive? Comfortz website still says "out of stock". Is there any further update?

Poor Nick. I've been hassling him for months but can't face giving him anymore grief. It's become a running joke in our house and the current bet it's on 2017 delivery :)

I agree I speak to nick on a Weekley basis and believe me he is trying.

I will be interested in the waterproof covers once I have the camper. How do these covers work with the front seat air bags?

:bananadance:bananadanceHi Folks - I've finally had a small number of these delivered in today!:bananadance:bananadance

I've had a mixed response ringing around my list this morning, some folks have gone elsewhere for their covers (which I completely understand) some folks think I'm a cold caller and are telling me not to ring them again :talktothehand and some folks have just forgot.

Needless to say after 4 months its messy!

CraigJ I've left you an answer phone message :thumb

As a catch all, can anyone who has contacted me in the past (and hasn't received a phone call today) please drop me fresh email if they're still interested - I don't want to miss anyone who's been waiting.

Please no new orders at this time as I want to supply everyone who's been waiting so patiently first!

comfortzleisure@aol.com

I'll update the forum once they go on general sale again ;)

Hi All

Finally after much perseverance by Nick, I have received my seat covers. The only problem I am now having is getting them to fit.

They are tight tight tight and I'm struggling to stretch them over the rear bench and headrests and get the Velcro to meet and attach.

Anybody else having troubles?

Craig

I’m in the same boat, Craig, my fingers were aching after hours of struggling with fitting the covers. The job is not yet complete as I, like you, cannot get the Velcro to meet behind the bench seat. The covers do not seem to accommodate the protruding ridge along the bottom edge of the plastic molding behind the seat. I am considering creating make up pieces from some spare Velcro I have. I also have a problem with the backs of the front seat covers. I succeeded in pushing the beading along the bottom edge into the plastic molding, as instructed, but the beading is pulled out when tilting the backrests forwards. They will just have to be left loose. Having said all that, I must say the covers are high quality, robust and they look fantastic!

Vernon (Highflyer)

They will just have to be left loose. Having said all that, I must say the covers are high quality, robust and they look fantastic!

Vernon (Highflyer)
But, unless I'm wrong in my interpretation of your post, these covers Do Not Fit.

I hope you got a good deal because if I had so many problems fitting them i would be onto the company. You shouldn't have to leave them undone or use bits of Velcro to make up for poor design or execution.

Hi Vernon
Thank you for your response. After the long wait it's very frustrating, but I'm trying to persevere and see if I can get them to fit. Your experience with the bench seat is the same as mine and it looks like they forgot to take into account the hard shell back when making the patterns. Although this is no excuse for the headrest covers being too small (I know the early cars had smaller headrests but inka don't do the lifestyle covers for those). What model is your Cali? Mine is a T6 but I understood the seats should be the same as the T5 with different covers. If I have no luck then I will give Nick a call but after all the issues with Inka I'm not sure what help he will be able to offer.
Cheers
Craig

Back