Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inka and Isofix - for information and help requested!

ajs

ajs

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Having picked up our first Cali two weeks ago we are in a desperate rush to obtain some seat covers prior to its first use this weekend (two young children on board!). We spoke to Inka last week and they confirmed that their waterproof covers for the Cali SE do NOT have slits for the isofix fittings and that the rear bench cover is in one piece so the fittings cannot be accessed. Nevertheless they were very helpful and advised that they could tailor the covers for an additional £25 and still get them to us by this Friday.

I have just received a phone call from Inka requesting measurements across the SE bench seat with placement of the isofix fittings. Our van is currently in storage and I am 30 miles away at work!

Does anyone know from where I may be able to obtain this information? I am not hopeful our dealer will have it as I have queried the isofix previously. Unless I just ring and ask them to measure it (?) ....

I would add that Inka are being very helpful and have said that if I can get the measurements to them by morning they can despatch the same day. If all else fails I will be taking a trip to the storage facility first thing tomorrow with tape measure and three year old in tow!

Inka have confirmed that for some reason the Cali Beach covers are isofix compatible and that they do not know why the SE weren't amended but will be doing so asap.

Apologies for the long post!

We ended up cutting slits in our bench cover to access the isofix but it was impossible to get them in the right position. It is therefore an absolute nightmare to get the car seat connectors through the cover and connected. We only manage to do it with one of us actually in the boot guiding, bruised wrists and lots of swearing So to be honest we rarely use the isofix now....

Anyway the point of my post is that I don't think you would get accurate measurements just by measuring. Hopefully someone has successfully made slits in the right position in the past and can give you those.

Best of luck

• Agree
Reactions: ajs
We ended up cutting slits in our bench cover to access the isofix but it was impossible to get them in the right position. It is therefore an absolute nightmare to get the car seat connectors through the cover and connected. We only manage to do it with one of us actually in the boot guiding, bruised wrists and lots of swearing So to be honest we rarely use the isofix now....

Anyway the point of my post is that I don't think you would get accurate measurements just by measuring. Hopefully someone has successfully made slits in the right position in the past and can give you those.

Best of luck
Thanks Jennydddd. Yes, that's what I thought. At first they just asked for a photo. It was only when I enquired as to how they would be able to tell from a photo that they suggested I measure the seat. Hmmmmm some more thinking required I think! They did say that they normally have an SE on site for these purposes but it is not there at the moment.

Hi,

The ISOFIX is a nightmare to use even without seat covers, we have also given up on it.

• Agree
Reactions: ajs
We just cut them and it works ok. I marked them whilst the cover was in place, then cut longer rectangles. No worse now than without the cover. The system itself can be a pain, but once you get the hang of it, it's not so bad (unless you have leather/alcantara which is quite a bit tighter). We do find 5th seat much easier with ISOfix and inka cover for this does have holes pre-installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For anyone else with the same query, I can confirm that I did indeed take a trip down to the van with tape measure and 3 year old in tow and took all the measurements and photos which I could. Having drawn some pretty diagrams, I emailed these to Inka and amazingly enough a set of tailored covers arrived the next day! Although we have only used the door side Isofix fittings they are perfectly located and we are getting quite proficient with getting the seat in and out.