Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inka Covers with Isofix

Jeff_Brown

Jeff_Brown

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi All

Is anyone able to send a pic of how the Inka rear seat cover with Isofix looks where the fittings are?

I've received a new set which I am sure is wrong - it has Isofix logos but no slots / holes / rebates where the Isofix seat attaches and seems impossible to use without completely peeling back the seat cover.

Any help appreciated!

Jeff

The back and base are separate so you slide the seat prongs between the two. You may need to push the seat cover inwards >< at the point of entry each side to help slip it in. It's tricky getting to the isofix bars on that seat, had many struggles with it in the past.
Hope this helps.

I've received a new set which I am sure is wrong - it has Isofix logos but no slots / holes / rebates where the Isofix seat attaches and seems impossible to use without completely peeling back the seat cover.

Any help appreciated!

Jeff
T6.1 vans have a vertical slot on the setback where the isofix fixings are, earlier models had no slot & you just had to poke down the joint between the seat base & back to find the fixing, from memory the older Inka covers just had a split in the seam at that point, whereas for the T6.1 it really needs a proper slot with a sewn border.

Which Inka covers are they? Waterproof or fabric ones? I have the non-waterproof fabric ones and the 2 seat and seat back are covered separately. It then takes some digging around to find the ISOFIX points.

This is Ocean set up, had to slit holes in covers to locate isofix positons have to dig deep to locate!

ie: one at each seat belt and other spaced as per child seat.

Hope this helps

8066998B-F958-4BB5-98E0-71D40A841463.jpeg

2B325025-023B-4E7A-808F-48419046098C.jpeg

E0DF7084-3D9A-4103-89CB-22AE5E2C88B7.jpeg

37628C16-3690-4076-B693-041CBB368428.jpeg

Thanks All. Yes I ordered fabric for the T6.1 and specced Isofix. There's no cut / rebate for the slots etc so it's virtually impossible to attach the seats without pealing back the cover completely to expose the slots (and definitely not quick). They are telling me this is normal....

INKA.jpeg

You can see from pictures of the Brandrup covers below that the access to the Isofix fixings has changed, first image is for T6.1 covers, second is for T6. On the earlier vans access is via at the gap between the separate seat base & seat back covers, new vans have a slot in the seat back to make access easierslot.jpgno slot.jpg

Thanks - looks like I'll begetting the scissors out if I can't get it swapped - my receipt says 6.1 and the website says 6....

Thanks All. Yes I ordered fabric for the T6.1 and specced Isofix. There's no cut / rebate for the slots etc so it's virtually impossible to attach the seats without pealing back the cover completely to expose the slots (and definitely not quick). They are telling me this is normal....

View attachment 80141
Mine are the same as this.Right PITA. I ended up just using seatbelt fixings in the end.

Do they not do them with Isofix? I was going to order some for my new 6.1

This is Ocean set up, had to slit holes in covers to locate isofix positons have to dig deep to locate!

ie: one at each seat belt and other spaced as per child seat.

Hope this helps

View attachment 80118

View attachment 80119

View attachment 80120

View attachment 80121
Hi there, I know this is an old post but how did you get on with this? We have the waterproof covers and I can see no way of getting the isofix in without cutting a hole in the material, I was worried about doing it though thinking that the type of material may just end up tearing over time if I cut it. Other option is sewing a buttonhole type stitch around them but that is beyond our abilities!

Are they still holding up??

I’m 2.5 yrs in and washed at least six times with no extending to the slits I cut in.

Duff

Hi there, I know this is an old post but how did you get on with this? We have the waterproof covers and I can see no way of getting the isofix in without cutting a hole in the material, I was worried about doing it though thinking that the type of material may just end up tearing over time if I cut it. Other option is sewing a buttonhole type stitch around them but that is beyond our abilities!

Are they still holding up??
I believe these covers are a nylon type material. You could use a knife blade heated with a gas lighter to burn a hole as this would seal the cut edges.

You do shouldn’t need to make any cuts, it’s easy to access to ISOfix, just push your hand thru the gap and you can feel it.IMG_3621.jpeg

IMG_3623.jpegIMG_3622.jpeg

I believe these covers are a nylon type material. You could use a knife blade heated with a gas lighter to burn a hole as this would seal the cut edges.
Ah this is a great idea thanks!

Anyone else have any advice on this? We have the Brandrup seat covers in our T6 Ocean. I can feel between the seat back and bench where the Isofix points are, but they seem very high up, so when you slide the child seat into place, it doesn’t engage with the Isofix bar. I can’t attach the guides which come with the car seat either. It seems the sort of job where you need 4 hands and even then it’s very difficult, I’ve not managed to fit the child seat yet, the car seat is a Joie.

Last edited:
Anyone else have any advice on this? We have the Brandrup seat covers in our T6 Ocean. I can feel between the seat back and bench where the Isofix points are, but they seem very high up, so when you slide the child seat into place, it doesn’t engage with the Isofix bar. I can’t attach the guides which come with the car seat either. It seems the sort of job where you need 4 hands and even then it’s very difficult, I’ve not managed to fit the child seat yetm the car seat is a Joie.
Try moving the rear seat forward about 10". Then recline the backrest by pulling on strap and pushing on backrest. This will open up the gap . Once fitted pull on strap and raise backrest and then slide seat back, if you want.
All the bench seats are the same only the size of the headrests vary between different models.