Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Indium Grey

This was my new one in indium grey arriving earlier this week. Hope it helps.
95ae31c6fc104060809f438a2f827437.jpg
81bd7198aa1510aa266e6e994b817292.jpg
22d0c6b43580fddf0974a06571bfb9b4.jpg
07c68ec126f346fd4ead61a5ca67aa2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm! Just for interests sake which Cascavels are those there are three listed. Anthracite diamond turned, Black diamond turned and Silver diamond Turned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good question. They are the black diamond turned.
fb814b2a7d79695b4cedd35e550dc62f.jpg

Thanks! Think I'll get the wife a glass of red prior to my next conversation

Ha great idea!

That's the sort of thing I do after leaving brochures opened at strategic places around the house ;) We could always start a thread saying all the other wheels have problems with them which you could show her?!

That's the sort of thing I do after leaving brochures opened at strategic places around the house ;) We could always start a thread saying all the other wheels have problems with them which you could show her?!
LOL that's a plan for the future. Not required this time as she liked them and authorisation was granted.

LOL that's a plan for the future. Not required this time as she liked them and authorisation was granted.

Nice one, give me a shout if you eye anything else up! :thumb

Looks absolutely fantastic, which is warming because...... I've just heard that my Indium grey Beach has been built and is in transit to the UK, with expected arrival of a couple of days :thumb It should be available very soon after that as there are no dealer accessories to fit I don't think.

Mine has the black interior, exterior pack (so black wing mirrors) and standard 16" wheels, but I will be selling those on and fitting 17 or 18" black alloys which are good for plenty of winter use.

Indium grey looks beautiful when clean, especially when in the sun!

Thank you. Yeah they do. Not quite sure why.

It is part of the pdi process. Check torques on hub etc. Then when they are fitted, it has been completed.

Looks absolutely fantastic, which is warming because...... I've just heard that my Indium grey Beach has been built and is in transit to the UK, with expected arrival of a couple of days :thumb It should be available very soon after that as there are no dealer accessories to fit I don't think.

Mine has the black interior, exterior pack (so black wing mirrors) and standard 16" wheels, but I will be selling those on and fitting 17 or 18" black alloys which are good for plenty of winter use.

Hi, New here (first post). Great to read! We have a T6 Beach on order but told today build week had been pushed back, though dealer is hoping it will revert to original schedule. Reading around the forum to find out what's I'll need next! Those wheels look great but fearful the wife and I would trash them. May I ask what you could expect to pay to get those fitted (inc tyres). Hope it isn't rude to ask! Thanks, Ian

Hello and They are £1,050 option on a beach.

Mike

Yes, they but they are really a £1550+ option when u consider that u can sell the standard wheels and tyres for £500+

I will be getting ten spoke black alloys, which will cost me about £800 in total, so £250 or so after I sell the unused 16 inch clayton wheels and tyres

Any news @Batmobile ?? we were looking forward to pics of your new Indium Grey Cali as you last said you were expecting pick-up within days??! Anxious to see some pics when you have them and hope Cali ownership is going smoothly for you...

I just collected this afternoon! I've also just moved house so all a bit mad at the moment...

Thrilled with the vehicle and very pleased with the colour choices. Drives beautifully, but does wallow a bit round the bends, but that is to be expected with a van on deep tyres. I am already incredibly pleased I went with the DSG gearbox - what a pleasure - drives like a big lazy go-cart! I'm quite surprised how responsive it is at motorway speeds and how nippy it is at low speed.

Will post pics and more comments soon.... but so pleased with it!

P.S. The comfort dash looks fantastic with the matt black trim around the gearbox (rather than the gloss on the Ocean).

I just collected this afternoon! I've also just moved house so all a bit mad at the moment...

Thrilled with the vehicle and very pleased with the colour choices. Drives beautifully, but does wallow a bit round the bends, but that is to be expected with a van on deep tyres. I am already incredibly pleased I went with the DSG gearbox - what a pleasure - drives like a big lazy go-cart! I'm quite surprised how responsive it is at motorway speeds and how nippy it is at low speed.

Will post pics and more comments soon.... but so pleased with it!

P.S. The comfort dash looks fantastic with the matt black trim around the gearbox (rather than the gloss on the Ocean).
excellent news - will wait not so patiently for pics.... thought your pick-up must be imminent as you said you were build week 9 and I was week 12... mine is due in approx 3 weeks now.

You're going to love the colour, I think. I compared it to the older natural grey in the showroom and the indium is a touch lighter, but also has larger metallic flecks which seems to give it more sparkle and so it looks less flat and dark. I would have had pics up earlier but geo-data was turned on, so will re-do tomorrow. Hopefully there will be good light to show off the interior.

excellent news - will wait not so patiently for pics.... thought your pick-up must be imminent as you said you were build week 9 and I was week 12... mine is due in approx. 3 weeks now.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy moving house! The house was late, the Cali was early and they ended up days apart!

For now I have uploaded some photos to give another few examples of Indium Grey under a somewhat gloomy British sky.Cali8.jpg

It has the comfort dash fitted, which has the matt finish around the gear selector. I'm thrilled by the dash - makes the van feel a bit more special, although there is no doubt it loses a bit of outright storage space in the process.

The steering wheel is the Multifunction one with cruise control etc.

Interior trim is Kutamo, which I love. It is darker in reality than it often shows on photos,as camera/phone light meters like to raise everything in the direction of middle grey. Its a very dark grey (charcoal) that is just shy of pure black. Should be hard wearing and not show marks too easily.
Cali3.jpg

Cali7.jpg Mine has the exterior pack, so 1) cornering fog lights (saw those in action last night and very nice indeed), 2) uprated headlights (I looked at one with standard Beach lights in the showroom and it has a different outer reflector and a regular 'round' bulb rather than the pointy shaped ones on the uprated ones. I guess they are a bit more powerful, but not sure if it makes a real difference and 3) the matt black wing mirrors. In all honesty, with their satin finish, they look almost the same colour as the Indium Grey paint. You therefore never notice they are not painted really.Cail1.jpg

Mine has the standard 16" Clayton and I I will be selling them. I have bought 17" Platin P69 black wheels, which will be fitted with 235 55 R17 Nokian Weatherproof tyres. This should give me decent all year performance in all weather, including the all important snow symbol for driving in various countries in winter. I have noticed the steering is quite light at speed and the vehicle feels a bit 'floaty' no doubt due to being set up suspension wise for more weight. I went for 17" black because it will allow for a slightly wider tyre, slightly lower profile, while still being decent in snow, impervious to salt and easy to touch up. I'll let everyone know whether it makes an ounce of difference to how it drives! A bit more rubber in contact with the road and a lower profile should help.

I have also taken out the multiflex board and the two extra seats I bought. I quickly realised that you need to push the bench quite far forwards to allow you to angle the multiflex board enough to get it out. I also realised that the middle row seats are not only fairly heavy, but they are not easy to grip securely. After a bit of head scratching on removing the plastic rail end caps and the rail sections themselves, I got them out pretty easily with the help of my 13 year old son. That said, I have learnt that this is not something you do on a whim! I need to remove them as the first task for the Cali is collection of flat packed furniture, including beds and wardrobes.

I did not order Lights and Vision pack, but can't say that I really regret it. I decided on spending that £200+ on the interior lights concept and I am glad I did. Really gives you quite a lot more light to play with. I guess we all have budgets. The vehicle lets you know in clear terms if you have left the lights on so no worries there.

I had never been inside or driven a Cali when I ordered and I do not regret doing so for one second. its great and with the middle row seats removed and the bench in a reasonable position, will give a nice sized 'living room' to act as base camp for photo expeditions.

Any downsides I have noticed? Yes, the ride is a bit choppy/harsh and you can clearly feel the handling is sub-optimal without a load inside, but packed to the gills for a family trip and with kits on board it will be better I am sure. I can see why people have them lowered but I'd personally rather have the clearance for snowy and rocky tracks.

Refinement is excellent, especially at the cruise. The DSG is very lazy in regular mode, but in sport is very nippy and responsive, so probably the right setting for hilly areas. Refinement is good enough for me to have built up more speed than I had realised. The engine is certainly noticeable in terms of noise when accelerating, but not bad, but I suppose its no Lexus! The 150 version feels ample to me, but then again it is not a heavier Ocean and I am not towing or carrying super heavy loads up hills.

I felt sorry for Guy at Preston as I changed my spec a good number of times, but in the end I feel very happy indeed with what I have. The only downside is that the neighbours might not appreciate my grey battleship parked outside their front windows :O I will do my best to park it outside my own!

Cali2.jpg

Last edited:
Back