Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

In love ...

sapto

sapto

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
We just bought our California a couple of werks ago and already had some great trips around Switzerland. We - my better half and I - love the comfort when driving on the Highway as well as the easy handle on the road if it gets more narrow.
We look forward to summer and to weeks off to travel around. We' d love to visit Exeter and the lovely South of England or - if we find a good fairy deal - Scotland.
We wish you a grat spring/summer and we love this forum!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431686558.637652.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431686593.272934.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431686622.352314.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431686648.650178.jpg

Hello & welcome. Great pictures thanks for sharing them

You will love Exeter and south Devon particularly around the coast at Salcombe and Kingsbridge. We are very spoilt here but I am sure Switzerland is Beautiful.

Hi sapto, welcome. If you want to edit your post, if you go back to it you should see an"Edit" button On the bottom next to Report. Click on that and you can change your post.:thumb

You will love Exeter and south Devon particularly around the coast at Salcombe and Kingsbridge. We are very spoilt here but I am sure Switzerland is Beautiful.
Hello

If you go to South Devon try the Modbury Caravan Club Site lovely quiet site nice & close to all the beaches. Salcombe & surrounding area is well worth the visit we have been going there for the last 7yrs.

Hello and welcome.

If you are ever coming my way, the South coast, drop me a message. We will help anyway we can.

Hi and welcome , nice pictures specialy the one with the snowy mountans at the back:thumb

Thanks a lot for all your ideas and suggestions. We look forward to start planning our trip in summer. I hope i can soon write something about Switzerland and our Campsites.

Modbury caravan club site is need lovely and makes it easy to hit the area although you will probably have to take the van out most days.
Then I stayed on Ilton Campsite. There is a corner with the best views cordoned off as a CC CL site but the field is all good. There is a 20p shower challenge though...could do with 22p's worth so me and some fellow campers challenged ourselves to keeping to a 20p limit, rather than spend another 20p...there speaks a true Scot!
Site was perfect for many long walks and had a bus service from the top of the lane. We wore ourselves out walking the area and didn't move the van for a week! Fab holiday in perfect weather.

Hi sapto (and better half), great pics. :thumb

Switzerland - what a fantastic place to have a VW California :)

(..... You are very organised Cali campers, I see the shoes left outside, with your worries and cares (and your picnic grill) :D )

Hi sapto (and better half), great pics. :thumb

Switzerland - what a fantastic place to have a VW California :)

(..... You are very organised Cali campers, I see the shoes left outside, with your worries and cares (and your picnic grill) :D )

Thank you motycyclist!

And yes you're right! It was kinda rainy evening and we had to sleep "downstairs" because we haven't got a Calicap yet - so I do not like my smelly shoes next to me We look forward to summer sun and ... well in Switzerland summer is equal with rain. However we could recommand the campsite next to the lake Walensee!

Thanks a lot for all your ideas and suggestions. We look forward to start planning our trip in summer. I hope i can soon write something about Switzerland and our Campsites.
We adore Switzerland and have had many hotel holidays there. Mountains, fabulous chalets with great food on the tops with well marked walking trails. Then there are the trains, boats and cablecars too. We have not made it there in a campervan so far mainly as we haven't braved the long drive to get there. We would be interested to know which way people go and how long it took?

Just had a powernap at this beautiful place ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432911672.699883.jpg

I never drove from the UK to the south but we drove twice with my car in almost 1 day from Switzerland to Amsterdam (8hours). The Highways in Germany are superb but sometimes pretty crowded. As far as I knew there is a train going from Hamburg to Basel on which you park your car on it and stay in a cabine.

I definitely couldn't powernap with a view like that the other side of my eyelids:veryfunny

We had a nice evening with bbq and a superb sunset at Lake of Zug. Love to drive to beautiful places, unpack my safari chief and enjoy!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433567165.654229.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433567304.925314.jpg

Wish u all a nice weekend with great trips/adventures!

Back