Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2 weeks in Spain

Ferry is £450-£600. Eurotunnel + péage + fuel is close to that.

Can be a nice enough drive thro France if you're going at a nice time of yr, tho French motorways are a bit dull.

I just came back from a full cross continent trip across France and Spain and had a great time especially in Spain. Only northern town we stopped in was Durango (recommended). Big cities can be tough to find parking in if you end up in e.g. Madrid for example.

Aidy p how much was the ferry . My wife and I are planning to drive to menorca for her birthday don't know weather to get ferry to the end of Spain or drive through France , Has anyone got any suggestions .

Return trip 2 Adults & 2 Kids with Cali and a outward facing room in July with Brittany Ferries was £1100. Portsmouth to Bilbao & Santander to Portsmouth on the way back. This was with their better ferries (there is a budget one but we wanted the facilities for the kids). Usual getting fleeced because of school holidays timings I suspect :( I looked for discounts but couldn't find them. I've only paid the £35 deposit though if I've missed a deal though??

Ferry is £450-£600. Eurotunnel + péage + fuel is close to that.

Can be a nice enough drive thro France if you're going at a nice time of yr, tho French motorways are a bit dull.

I just came back from a full cross continent trip across France and Spain and had a great time especially in Spain. Only northern town we stopped in was Durango (recommended). Big cities can be tough to find parking in if you end up in e.g. Madrid for example.

Thanks Fred. This is our first foreign trip planned for us in the new van and as my kids are young I wanted to avoid the dull motorway slogs and the "are we nearly there yet?!" THey seem more excited about the ferry than the road trip though!

We've paid for the vast majority of the cost of our last three ferries to/from Santander and Bilbao with Avios points. Worth considering if you're a big Tesco shopper.
Excellent dog-friendly cabins on Brittany Ferries too.

Aidy p how much was the ferry . My wife and I are planning to drive to menorca for her birthday don't know weather to get ferry to the end of Spain or drive through France , Has anyone got any suggestions .
Book you ferry in "ferries week" we saved a fortune last March :thumb

What's that? Do you get direct discounts from Brittany Ferries?
Check out this link!
We got 50% of one of ours and we bought camping cheques through the cc club at the same time. Our ferries plus 5 nights camping was nearly half the price of the original ferry which we were on the brink of booking. All this happened at the caravan and camping show at the NEC last March!

http://www.discoverferries.com/content/national-ferry-fortnight