Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

7 campervan accessories we wouldn’t be without

I love reading these posts and then off I go to check out if any of the ‘stuff’ would suit us…. ultimately most seem just ‘too much stuff’.
Oh and we don’t think anything can be better than a cafetière, of course with the right beans … lol

We used to be 2 adults, 2 kids and a dog. But now we are just 2 adults, so we are looking forward to not needing the extra tent, awning and chairs.

Tempted by the Projector, but sensible head says probably just use a tablet, which I already own.

For coffee we are Aeropress :)

Enjoy the van while the kids are still small enough :)

We used to be 2 adults, 2 kids and a dog. But now we are just 2 adults, so we are looking forward to not needing the extra tent, awning and chairs.

Tempted by the Projector, but sensible head says probably just use a tablet, which I already own.

For coffee we are Aeropress :)

Enjoy the van while the kids are still small enough :)
I recommend the projector - different experience watching together with 2 or more.
Agree with the Aeropress…

My magnificent 7

Cadac (the one that runs on cheap cartridges)
Aeropress
Bellman (I like coffee)
Tyre table
Kelty camp kitchen
S2S inflatable mattress
Front Runner boxes - the most versatile storage option for me, can double up as foot stool, coffee table, extra worktop space and go on the roof on occasions when fully loaded.

I have 5 of these!
We have 4 of those now.

I am trying to persuade the financial controller to let me get Solar. We are not likely to wild camp much. Any help with the business case would be great and hopefully the wife will let me visit Roger for some panels.

We have 4 of those now.

I am trying to persuade the financial controller to let me get Solar. We are not likely to wild camp much. Any help with the business case would be great and hopefully the wife will let me visit Roger for some panels.

Lot of sites charge extra for electricity so you're avoiding those costs. No need to bring your EHU cable so more space (although you might want to take them in case the panels fail). And what I like most is that you can chose the nicest spots on the camp ground and no longer worry if your cable is long enough.

We have 4 of those now.

They do keep your batteries in tip top health by keeping them fully charged and should therefore extend their life. Even if you don’t wild camp it opens up the possibility of using smaller sites with no EHU and are invaluable if festivals are your thing.

That’s all I’ve got I’m afraid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've considered solar but given the Cali seems happy for 2-3 nights without EHU, not sure we would ever really need solar as we don't intend to ever reside in one place for long enough to need it.

We're still learning our van, but so far our top 7;

- dustpan and brush
- half a dozen microfibre cloths (just useful for anything!)
- tiny spray bottle of decanted window cleaner (to remove condensation marks on the windscreen)
- USB rechargeable headtorch
- 12v > 2 x USB socket for charging extra devices when on the move
- my "modified" child net (full height) to confine my child to the pop top at night
- Comfortz Wrap (this shouldn't have to have made it to the list, but given leaky-leaky it has)

Having spent over 6 months in our 6.1 Ocean van since 2020, I thought I’d take a look around me (we’re at a site in Venice as I write) and share some of the accessories we wouldn’t be without.

Each of these has had to earn its place and we are strict with what makes it into the van for our extended trips each summer, so I can completely recommend each and every one of them.

7 Campervan Accessories We Love

Hope someone finds this useful!
Really enjoyed reading those! For us, without doubt, it’s our Sea 2 Summit Self-Inflating mattress. A-mazing!

Our crocs!
Our ridge monkey
Our electric collapsible kettle
Cadac safari chef thingy ‍
The side awning panels that add to our VW awning
The screen cover from Rainbow

And then the rest is luxury! So our projector and 50 inch screen (which we don’t take on longer trips) and our new Lafuma loungers. Completely unnecessary but nice to have!

I love love love our van!!

Back