Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I made a rear seat cover!

S

Solgal

VIP Member
Thought I would share with you the seat cover I made for the rear seat of our new VW Beach. Having looked at what was around for sale, I decided to try making my own. I started looking for some fabric - I wanted something practical, which would be water resistant. I came across a picnic blanket which was patterned on one side and plain blue, water resistant on the other. Having been inspired by the recent Sewing Bee on TV, I decided to try converting that into the cover. It was an ideal size and I bought some bias binding and Velcro to finish it. I was also keen to make it reversible. The longest part of the process was working out how to make it fit! My partner prefers the patterned side but I'm keen on the practical plain blue one. I will try adding photos to show you.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Well done, its good to see a Cali with its own identity rather than the standard covers available and being brave. I like the Jackyard covers as they give a certain amount of personal feeling but may get looking at doing something similat to yours.

Thanks for the post.

That looks brilliant, I like the patterned side! I was just about to order some seat covers but as the company haven't got back to me with a price yet, I might have to have a go at making something myself whilst I'm waiting now I've seen this. Well done!

We also see you have made a hole for your dog seat belt lead, what dog do you have?

We have a Cockapoo! She is wonderful too! Loves the VW!

You will have to post an image in Cali dog section. We have two Westies and have not slept in our Cali so far as my leg is in plaster, they have slept in our T2 so hope there won't be any problems. Your cover has inspired my wife to get the sewing machine out so watch this space.

:D
Pollychops said:
You will have to post an image in Cali dog section. We have two Westies and have not slept in our Cali so far as my leg is in plaster, they have slept in our T2 so hope there won't be any problems. Your cover has inspired my wife to get the sewing machine out so watch this space.

Will do - will take a photo when I get chance and post in the dog section! Glad I have inspired your wife too! Will be good to see what she makes. If she wants any tips I have taken some photos of some of the stages in making the cover.

Back