Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waterproof seat and cushion covers for our new California Beach

Rhauri

Rhauri

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
We live in Cornwall, with 2 small children, a dog, I kitesurf, my wife sea swims. It all means we can be wet and sandy.
I was looking for waterproof seat covers and went for the ones, from turtlecovers.co.uk that I'd had on my previous T6 (not a California) as they'd worked for years with me finishing a kitesurf and driving home in my wet wetsuit etc.
BUT they didn't do a cover for the rear bench seat on the Beach. (They did a cover for the 5th seat we pop in and out).So I went for a Brandrup cover that looks the same as the seat and got a bunch of the same waterproof material, in the same pattern, from turtlecovers.co.uk, and got a great local lady in Truro (if anybody is in Cornwall and wants her details, happy to share them, which I've checked is OK with her) to make a cover for the seat, the side cushions over the storage boxes AND the mattress in the pop top. I couldn't find anybody that sold a waterproof cover for the pop top mattress and the idea of our kids spilling a drink etc seemed worth protecting against.
We've had it all for a few months now, including a kitesurf trip with friends to the West of Ireland and it's all brilliant.
Turtle Covers do other colours including plain ...
seat covers - 01.jpg

seat covers - 02.jpg

seat covers - 03.jpg

I like the idea of the waterproof cover for the pop top mattress. My sister lives in Truro so can be my intermediary. Would you mind sharing the details of your local sewing wizard. Thanks!

I like the idea of the waterproof cover for the pop top mattress. My sister lives in Truro so can be my intermediary. Would you mind sharing the details of your local sewing wizard. Thanks!
The lady who did them for us is Hilary, in Truro, on 07491 814670
Give her a call, she was lovely and I thought did a fantastic job.
- I'll be back to her if I come up with anything else I want made up etc.

The lady who did them for us is Hilary, in Truro, on 07491 814670
Give her a call, she was lovely and I thought did a fantastic job.
- I'll be back to her if I come up with anything else I want made up etc.
Thank you for that. Yes, it does look like a really good job, you must be really pleased.

Thank you for that. Yes, it does look like a really good job, you must be really pleased.
Yup, really pleased. They look great in terms of tying in with the seat covers and a couple of months of abuse by me (surf boards), the wet & sandy dog, the kids walking on the seats, cushions (which now that they have the waterproof covers on are great to grab for ploking on the ground as out door seating).

We live in Cornwall, with 2 small children, a dog, I kitesurf, my wife sea swims. It all means we can be wet and sandy.
I was looking for waterproof seat covers and went for the ones, from turtlecovers.co.uk that I'd had won my previous T6 (not a California) as they'd worked for years with me finishing a kitesurf and driving home in my wet wetsuit etc.
BUT they didn't do a cover for the rear bench seat on the Beach. (They did a cover for the 5th seat we pop in and out).So I went for a Brandrup cover that looks the same as the seat and got a bunch of the same waterproof material, in the same pattern, from turtlecovers.co.uk, and got a great local lady in Truro (if anybody is in Cornwall and wants her details, happy to share them, which I've checked is OK with her) to make a cover for the seat, the side cushions over the storage boxes AND the mattress in the pop top. I couldn't find anybody that sold a waterproof cover for the pop top mattress and the idea of our kids spilling a drink etc seemed worth protecting against.
We've had it all for a few months now, including a kitesurf trip with friends to the West of Ireland and it's all brilliant.
Turtle Covers do other colours including plain ...
View attachment 86192

View attachment 86193

View attachment 86194
I really like the idea of covering of the storage and back of bench cushions. Do you have the dimensions that were given so that these could be made? Alternatively how much material was required to make them?

I really like the idea of covering of the storage and back of bench cushions. Do you have the dimensions that were given so that these could be made? Alternatively how much material was required to make them?
Well it works great for us, hence my post as I thought it might also work well for others.
The material from www.turtlecovers.co.uk came was 1.5m wide and about £7.50 a meter (I think excluding VAT).
Our order was for enough to also cover all the rear parcel bits (that become a bit of the downstairs bed) and a cover for the pop top mattress. I think it was 12m (x the 1.5 wide) to do all of that. But I intentionally ordered too much to make the covers have less seams and I have some left over.
The seamstress lady did help me re how much to order and then I added on a bit to be safe not sorry.

I've picked up this link from a post just now. I had the same covers on my T6 & asked Turtle if they'd do the back & they said no.

I'd wondered if it could be done...

The Turtle Covers are fantastic, BTW. I've just sold my van & the seats were immaculate, despite me, him & the 3 mutts.

I've picked up this link from a post just now. I had the same covers on my T6 & asked Turtle if they'd do the back & they said no.

I'd wondered if it could be done...
As above, Turtle were able to supply the material and we got a local lady to make the covers. Worked great for us.

Back