Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Home made fridge bottom trivet.

Does this in any way damage or cut into the fridge base ?
Nope, mine has been in for 4 months and the base of the fridge, looks good as new.

Just ordered another Somar, so I can hold an ice cube making plastic bag thing, against the back wall for ice cubes for the rum

Do you all use the drip tray ‘both parts’ the trivet and the tray or just the trivet ?

Just trivet. Throw the other part away.
Just ordered and I’ll just use the wee base as a tray, needed one anyway for carrying drinks etc outside. Win, win …. thanks just saved myself about £30 , love this forum.

Just trivet. Throw the other part away.
I use my base under the coffee grinder at home to collect the occasional stray ground.

As for trays I prefer non slip (silicon dots embeded in the plastic) with handles.

Do you all use the drip tray ‘both parts’ the trivet and the tray or just the trivet ?
Both bits. Helps keep water away from cardboard packaging for us.

Used it for years. It’s perfect for the job. 18 nights away this summer. A good few millimetres of water after that. This solves the problem.

I did, one time, put the trivet in with the sharp plastic bits into the fridge.
(I have two).
When I pushed another can of pop in, I heard a pop and fizzing.
It cut into a metal can.
So I too now wonder if the plastic bits are a bit sharp for the bottom of the fridge…..

Arrived and ‘does what it says on the tin’, great fit and I’ll use the base too as it has wee protective rubbers so no damage to base of fridge from trivet legs.

Arrived and ‘does what it says on the tin’, great fit and I’ll use the base too as it has wee protective rubbers so no damage to base of fridge from trivet legs.
Me too

If you haven’t bought this yet, just do it, it fits perfectly in the bottom of the fridge, it might as well have VW stamped on it

If you haven’t bought this yet, just do it, it fits perfectly in the bottom of the fridge, it might as well have VW stamped on it
Just bought one, we have been using neoprene mats, but they need regular cleaning and drying.