Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Home made fridge bottom trivet.

Solution for the back wall? The drain comes in two parts as pictures from @GP show. My thought is to use the ‘drain plate’ (that with holes in it) for the bottom and the ‘catch plate’ for the wall, which is also the correct width (obviously).

Would this work or does the wall plate also need to be ‘ventilated’? In which case, drill a few holes in that
As long as air can circulate behind it and the rear wall.

My thought is to use the ‘drain plate’ (that with holes in it) for the bottom and the ‘catch plate’ for the wall, which is also the correct width (obviously).

Good thinking, Batman

I use a metal clipboard with an ice cube “bag” held up against this area.
This makes ice for the G&T and keeps things front sticking here.
Win win.
Not used the fridge at all yet (need to test it) but didn’t realise the it was cold enough to make ice cubes.

97DEC66F-B3DB-4859-9F44-E2B6DA38884F.jpeg
Can’t wait to install it !
And good call on the millennium Falcon trivet.

I use a metal clipboard with an ice cube “bag” held up against this area.
This makes ice for the G&T and keeps things front sticking here.
Win win.
Maybe we could use the bottom of the China tea holder base with those ice cube bags with water in ?

Not used the fridge at all yet (need to test it) but didn’t realise the it was cold enough to make ice cubes.
You'll have to put it on Max. When starting with pre-frozen bags position 5 is enough to keep cubes for days.

Not for icing, but for preventing the vegetables to freeze against the backwall. Ten years ago I put two plastic paint roller grids in the fridge, one at the bottom (against condensation flooding), another against the wall (where the freezing element sits). 1.69 eurocents each in the construction market.

Was then meant as a provisional solution, but meanwhile a permanent temporary provisorium.

View attachment 72149

Ikea has a solution too:
View attachment 72150

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

Thanks for resurrecting. Just bought one. Never bought one 'cause shipping over here was too expensive, but you made me do it now.

... or as an extra Cali table:

One of these on the bottom, all you need;

For the bottom of the fridge mainly, we use these flexible trivet mats from Amazon… £10.37 for 2.
1657581069336.jpeg

The benefits are that they stop rattles, waterproof, and as they have a high temperature rating, you can use them as protective mats for kettles etc. or as a grab mat for hot items. One mat covers about 2/3rds of the fridge bottom, or use two and flex up the fridge sides.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077NXPZBP/?tag=eliteelect-21