Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Holding deposit

Leigh-R

Leigh-R

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
if I was to put a holding deposit on a unregistered van that’s in stock do you think It feasible they could hold it till the new registration in September?

if I was to put a holding deposit on a unregistered van that’s in stock do you think It feasible they could hold it till the new registration in September?
Unlikely, but you can but ask.

Yes possibly.
But is it really that important? getting one registered with a few miles on it, hidden away from public for that period of time and you'd be buying an ex demonstrator with a discount.
It wouldn't be long before the new registration from september has been superseded and almost meaningless after a few years anyway when what will become more important will be the year it was 1st registered and the spec.

Here’s my thinking.
Put a holding deposit on the vehicle but only because it’s a edition ocean & I don’t know how long they’ll be available.
I don’t want the vehicle yet as I need to secure my drive way and that’s not going to happen till mid July.

I don’t want the dealer using it really.
It’s a win win, if it’s possible.
I secure an edition before it sells out & it’s a 87 -78 - 58 what ever plate comes out in September + my drive way will be completed.

It can't hurt to ask but I suspect they might not be able to do it; we have a CaliO on order with an expected delivery anytime between Nov '18 and March '19; I said to my dealer if it arrives in 2018 we will take it right away but I asked if it arrives in January or February could we delay registration until March (for the new reg.) and the dealer explained to me that they have only 50 days to get an "ordered" Cali out to the customer; now I don't know if this 50 day limit is specific to my dealer or something imposed upon them by VW.

It can't hurt to ask but I suspect they might not be able to do it; we have a CaliO on order with an expected delivery anytime between Nov '18 and March '19; I said to my dealer if it arrives in 2018 we will take it right away but I asked if it arrives in January or February could we delay registration until March (for the new reg.) and the dealer explained to me that they have only 50 days to get an "ordered" Cali out to the customer; now I don't know if this 50 day limit is specific to my dealer or something imposed upon them by VW.
I suspect it's a Dealers " Story ".

When I ordered my SE I had it written into the Order/Contract that Delivery was to be the 1st December, the day after I retired.
The Dealer put my order on the System in May.
The vehicle arrived the beginning of September. They phoned to ask if I wanted to take it early and when I said No it was kept by them until the 1st December, so 3 months or 90+ days.

May be sold by the time you think about and everyone reading rings around dealers.

I'm sure they will but they may want a more substantial deposit with a no return policy if you were to change your mind.

I also suspect that your chances of a big discount will be reduced.

Im sure my dealer still has one, I'll ask them today for you to see if they would be willing to hold it for you.

Back