Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi all its Martin Baxter here!

M

Martin Baxter

Hi guys, my wife and I are considering buying a Cali next year.We have hired one for a holiday this year to see if its for us.
We love camping holidays, and was wondering can you buy a tent that attaches to the side of the van? for extra room?
Stay safe Martin.

Hi and welcome , for sure it is possible to attach a awning tent at the Cali , a drive away awning , awning tent , inflateble tent ,...
If using the search function with these words you sure come up with some usefull treads

Hi and welcome , for sure it is possible to attach a awning tent at the Cali , a drive away awning , awning tent , inflateble tent ,...
If using the search function with these words you sure come up with some usefull treads
Many Thanks I will have a search.
Regards Martin

Welcome along. This is a Vango Kela 3 Low drive away awning.

4.jpg

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum and please keep us in touch with how the hire goes!

My guess is you will not stop smiling, except briefly when you go to order one and see what the waiting time is.

I'm currently sat in mine having grabbed an unexpected break for two days, get away and walk a bit of the SW coast path, and now taking advantage of an unexpected break all I need is an unexpected break in the weather!

The joys of a cali, ten minute decision time to pack, load the sat-nav, off.

Have fun and keep in touch, and as HC said, do a search on awnings and you will find a ton of stuff to read.

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum and please keep us in touch with how the hire goes!

My guess is you will not stop smiling, except briefly when you go to order one and see what the waiting time is.

I'm currently sat in mine having grabbed an unexpected break for two days, get away and walk a bit of the SW coast path, and now taking advantage of an unexpected break all I need is an unexpected break in the weather!

The joys of a cali, ten minute decision time to pack, load the sat-nav, off.

Have fun and keep in touch, and as HC said, do a search on awnings and you will find a ton of stuff to read.

Many Thanks the info, and the picture it looks good, that's the sort of thing we will need because we have just had a baby girl, and the additional room will be handy later on down the line.

I've already been warned about the wait for the cali if hirer goes well I will place the order around September and take it from there can't wait to try it out.

Have a great break enjoy the walks the weather looking good for a while, and that's the good thing about the van when you need a break you can get ready in break neck speed and go love it...

Enjoy stay safe

Regards Martin

That was not my picture :)

The poster above my post .... this forum plays tricks with the eyes sometimes

Hi Martin Baxter! :thumb

Good luck with your hire Cali, get your order in quick for your own!

Hi Martin, as per previous posts, plenty on here if you search, there were a couple of threads going on only last week.
I'll add a plus 1 for the Vango Kela 3, used mine for the 1st time last weekend, no tent poles, just attach to the van & pump up the inflatable struts, job done in under 10 mins :thumb