Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help needed - ideas needed

D

Dombo

I did order a California Beach on the 3rd of Jan 2014, something like 3.5 months ago. I was importing a LHD from the continent as I am not sure how long I would stay in UK. I did pay the deposit and got confirmation that it was all going smooth and that I would get it in 12-16weeks. Lately I did put pressure to get info at what stage we were. I finally got an answer today: the car is not even built, VW is having trouble with the construction chain... We'll refund you the deposit. In short i believe that my importer just f@+@ed it up (sorry for the language, but I am pissed). 3.5 months and nothing.

Thus I am looking for ideas how i could get a LHD California in the UK? I am now ready to go for a second hand if that could make it faster to get it, but i am not sure how difficult it is to import a car from the continent into UK. Can I just select one Cali on Autoscout24.eu and get it in the UK or is this a nightmare with VAT, tax, ...

My other option is to buy a RHD and sell it back when I leave the UK (in about 16 months). Any idea how I could make this without losing too much money or taking the risk of the sales process takes ages ?

I am looking forward to get some suggestion.
thanks,
Dom

Hi,

http://vtp.volkswagen.de/vwdegwb/i/s|9% ... QUQ|1160,1

This is your safest bet. I got mine from Berlin, did the deal over the telefon on friday,took the night train on sonday, checked it over on monday, drove home on tuesday.
We have had ours almost a year now and everything is perfect.
What we did save on is the extras that cost a fortune when you buy new.
Alot of the californias from tradeport are managers own vehicles, ours still had the plastic and labels on the bed upstairs.

Vw fix the tradeplates, which if you ask for the red ones include 10 days european insurance.

Good luck!

//Mart.

Hi Mart,
thanks for the tip. Do u mind passing me ur number. I have a few questions.

thabks,
dom

Why are there only Beaches on that site? Any idea?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

Dombo said:
Hi Mart,
thanks for the tip. Do u mind passing me ur number. I have a few questions.

thabks,
dom

Hi Dombo,

I dont really want to put my number on a post sorry. I will however answer all of your questions via this forum, who knows maybe we can help other members too!

//Mart

Understood.

i checked the offers on ur recommended wb site and looked appealing.

my questions are the following:

-as they are second hands u may always have some surprises, did u select more than one before going to Germany?
-how is it about regarding VAT? Do u need to pay something? Same questions for import taxes. Do u need to fill up forms to pass the custom?
-not sure i understood with the plates. Was it the garage that organize to have uk plates? If not is it a challenge to get uk plates on a german used car in uk?
-was the garage giving u a guarantee? Most of these vw have a 3(?) years guarantee, can u exercise it in uk?
or in case of pb do u need to get back to ur german dealer?
-price wise, are they on avg cheaper in Germany?

-how did u make the paiment down there. Did u take cash with you? Or needed to wait till bank payment was going through?

thanks a lot
dom

i m a bit stressed to pay this amount of cash annd then leave.
my num 07713312508

Back